high anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

God 4wks on increased sertraline from 100 to 150 when will this bladdy high anxiety lift it's so draining taking over my life effecting my work my home life just want to b normal again

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to here your not doing well I'm same at work but when I get home it settles a bit what's your doctor say ?
    • Posted

All my doc says is its all in my mind increase would have settled by now
  • Posted

Hi Tracey

It can take good 6 weeks for any increase to settle for some people. some have no trouble with increases as drug already in the system but others seem to be like starting a new drug when increasing!!

I'm the other way. had been on 200mg for about 12 weeks or more and playing havoc with my stomach me crohns so Dr suggested reducing to 150. For the next 4-5 weeks my stomach got worse???? But has now settled thank god.

Just give it a bit longer, and if things don't settle, maybe see your GP as my be too high for you?? Maybe 125mg may be easier or better??

Best of luck. Damned drugs, like firing a bullet in the air blindfolded

• Posted

Thanku just seems so long winded and my doc useless he says increase would have settled by now and it's all in my mind
  • Posted

So hard! We all know.  Be kind to yourself. LOTS of slow deep breathing.
  • Posted

It is NOT all in your mind!  Maybe a new doc?
    • Posted

He's been my doc for over 24 yrs but I am thinking of changing by him giving wrong tablets 7wks ago this is what set all my anxiety off he was suppose to give me .my sertraline on repeat prescription and gave me hormone replacement tablets 700mgs I took them not realising for over 3wks sent my head all over the place
    • Posted

Id be looking to see another GP.

When it comes to these crazy meds, you need someone who you can check in with that understands !!!! And as for giving you wrong tablets ???????thats disgusting ! Could they still be in your system and causing you to have more anxiety!!! Sit right with the seetraline for a little bit longer if possible and the see another gp if no change !!!

• Posted

To add, decrease from 200 to 150 took me over 4 weeks to settle so it's different for everyone !!! Dr is talking out of his or her back side
    • Posted

Thanku u r really helpful in yr replys yeah I'm fighting the other tablets coming out and sertraline going in my head and anxiety like a ping pong ball
    • Posted

Hi Tracey, I started 50mg sert on July 1st, I took on everyone's advice and gave it 6 weeks, I didn't really improve so saw my dr, he suggested an increase to 100, been on higher dose for 2 weeks and it's been horrible, increased anxiety, VERY tight chest, churning stomach, twitching/pulsing on my face.... I'm really struggling but I'm gonna give 6 weeks as I did on 50 then if there's no improvement I'll be back to my dr. I read a very good article about how starting or increasing an ssri makes u worse as it DECREASES YOUR serotonin initially. All the best.... Luke x
    • Posted

Hi luke I know it's horrible the side effects I'm 4wks on increase now still got anxiety and dizzy head been at work that's why havnt replied how u feeling now x
    • Posted

Hi again Tracey, well I'm doing my best Just to 'roll with it' as there's not a lot else I can do, this is however the first time I've felt side effects from a med and having read countless stories it seems it's pretty normal to feel worse before u feel better, so there's a sadistic part of me that's pleased! I didn't have side effects on 50mg of sert or Citalopram. All the very best Tracey..... X
    • Posted

..... Forgot to ask u, have u had/still have the really tight chest? It feels like I've got a belt around it that's too tight x
    • Posted

Yeah feels like something sat on it and my stomach tense aswell x
    • Posted

You are feeling all this ON Sertraline?  I'm 3 months off and the tight chest and anxiety are my last symptoms.
    • Posted

Tight chest and a full feeling after even a small meal are major problems for me.i was in 200mg and had to reduce to 150 mg to see if any better. These also give me muscle cramps in back. Does anyone else suffer muscle cramps in back????
    • Posted

The tight chest is quite common on Sertraline so I've read, mine actually disappeared for an hour earlier..... That felt good!
    • Posted

No. I felt fine on the Sertraline.  Why get off?  After 17 years on antidepressant just because withdrawal was so bad, I wanted to give my body a break.  Long term RX use can wear out your liver and kidneys. But I'm 95% back to my original self. Thank God, literally.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.