High Anxiety levels

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi to everyone

I'm not new to the forum, but have only answered before, and never put my own problems on here.

So here goes, I've suffered from depression for over 20 years but less frequently with Anxiety, but this year has been so bad for me with anxiety attacks and nothing seems to help.

I am on so many pills, citalopram, Mirtazapine propranolol pregabalin and painkillers as I also have Fibromyalgia.

I am also seeing a psychotherapist have done CBT and listen to relax/hypnosis cd.

I had a few really good days the other week and now crash bang, back to a massive low and panic attacks,can anyone out there relate to this.

By the way,I absolutely hate being on my own,I can relax around other people, but leave me on my own to cope! and it's horrible.

I hate this Illness and just want to feel normal again.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maureen,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling low but I promise you will feel normal again! Anxiety doesn't last forever, I promise. It may be that your antidepressants need changing, as my doctor told me that some do not work for everyone, so it might be worth going back to see your doctor. Do certain situations trigger your panic attacks or do they come out of the blue?

• Posted

Hi Laura

Thank you so much for answering me. I helps me feel less alone.

I don't know what triggers it, but I don't like being on my own.

I saw the doctor this morning, but she doesn't want to mess with my meds, but is referring my meds to the psychotherapist.

The Doctor did prescribe me quetaipine 25mg, but I haven't taken one yet as I'm a bit worried what they might do to me.

Any replies are more than welcome, and thank you again ☺

• Posted

The way that I would try and combat you're fear of being on your own is to make a list of goals, starting with the easiest at the bottom and the hardest at the top. So your first goal might be to stay at home on your own for ten minutes. Rate each goal on how anxious it makes you feel out of 100. So that might be 25. When you've written each goal have a go at doing them. So pick a day, there's no rush, where you think 'okay today I'm going to try my first goal'. After you've done it, rate how anxious you felt straight before doing it, during it, then after doing it. Do your fiirst goal a few times until you can see your anxiety start to lower, then go on to your next goal. You will feel anxious doing them, that's to be expected, but the way it works is to show you that, even though you're in an uncomfortable siutaion, you're not in a dangerous situation, and that's where our brain gets confused. My therapist used to tell me that anxiety is like a car alarm going off in the rain. The car thinks something dangerous is happening but its not. I really hope this helps. Try to take the tablet, it won't harm you, and even if you get one of the side effects, like a headache or something, it will only last a little while. smile 
    • Posted

Thanks Laura

I will certainly give that a try, and maybe take a pill before bedtime, thanks again Laura x

• Posted

I am 17 and have always suffered with panic attacks but over the last 2 years they have become worse! I recently learnt that most people on my dads side of the family suffer with depression, i never knew that Anxiety/Depression can be genetic but my doctor thinks this is what has happened with me as nothing in my life could have caused these imense feelings of panic i feel on a daily basis and i suffer with Generalised anxiety. Over the last 6/7 months the anxiety has got do bad that i am now in a very bad place in my life and am also struggling with depresson at this moment in time as well. I have good days and bad days but the bad days seem to come a lot more frequently. My family do not understand and think I'm overreacting and tell me i need to not let it ruin my life and get over it. I dont think they understand how it feels to be so wrapped up in your head that you cant function properly. I went to see my doctor about this 2 years ago after 7 months of me pestering him and telling him i needed help he finally referred me to CAMHS for me to see a therapist. I have been seeing a therapist for around 6 months now after having to wait a long time to finally get an appointment. They do not seem to understand that i have tried every form of coping strategy and talking isnt helping me with the depression/Anxiety they have told me they will not put me on medication unless i am suicial. I need help but nobody seems to care as i am not suicial at this moment in time and i NEVER want to get to that point but i'm feeling so low and no one is willing to help.
  • Posted

Totally know how you feel , ive also had many pills , sertraline , mirtazipine , venlafaxine , citalopram , and feel like its never ending . And can relate to the alone thing , when im with others i manage to hold it together , not saying its easy its blooming hard. but when im alone the intrusive thoughts start , the tears and panic - 

i tried cbt for panic and im now waitign to start a 1 to 1 telephone cbt a 4 week course  which starts next week , but i feel i need more of a talking thing ?

• Posted

How about looking into energy healing meditations. Qi gong sitting excersises are nice too..
  • Posted

dear maureen, i am sorry to hear of your trouble, but i am the same, i am living alone at 56 years, my hubby passed on 5 years back,we had no children so i am quite lonely,also i came down with panic attacks and depression, hardly any sleep, i just crashed, i am on mirtazipine 15mg, but i still dont hardly sleep, its like my brain wont allow me to sleep, and also i get afraid to sleep as sometimes i wake up shaking and feeling i will go mad, thats probaly the panic attack, i take rescue remedy drops, they help a bit, what do you try to relieve your symptons?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.