High Blood pressure at 25 :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I went to the Doctor's last night for my repeat prescription and they checked my weight and blood pressure. I have always been overweight and struggled so so much. I have lost some weight over the years but my body just seems to hang onto fat for dear life. I currently go to bootcamp 3 times a week, do a workout dvd once a week. Food wise I am on a plan with a Persona Trainer where I eat things like eggs for breakfast, chicken and veg for lunch, some carbs like sweet potato or rice in the evening but only after a workout. I don't snack, i rarely have crisps or chocolate or fast food, yet still my body doesn't want to shift the weight.

So last night my blood pressure came up at 155/105 which was obviously high (so I was told as I have no clue). He tried a few more times but it only got higher, probably because I was stressing at this point, but he has told me he is concerned as it shouldn't be this high at 25 years of age. He sent me for blood tests today and said they would do lots of tests to try and resolve this, but what worries me is looking online how it can cause strokes, heart attacks, etc.

Also with regards to my diets I don't know what I can cut out as I rarely ever drink alcohol, I don't eat bread, crisps, biscuits, anything like that. I mainly eat chicken, peppers, onion, courgetter, some red meat. I drink water but have 1 can of diet coke a day. Basically I am wondering why at this age I have high bp when I exercise regularly, eat well. I am getting very worked up about it and don't understand why I have it.

Can anyone explain it better or help with what I should do? I know I will have to wait and see what the tests say but I can't help but worry.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Be interesting to see what your cholesterollevel is.
    • Posted

Will they test my cholestroll? As they haven't yet

• Posted

Usually (i am speaking about the UK), they take several phials of blood and label each one up.

I would be almost certain one will be cholesterol level, one for Hba1c (diabetes) maybe anemia and several other things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.