High BP

Posted , 2 users are following.

After stopping Amlopipine due to swollen ankles and aching legs the Dr prescribed Lisinoprol. I have developed a dry cough, which is a side effect. Does anyone know if this wears off or is it permanent.

My BP is the lowest it has been for years 125/79 but I believe that is due to the grape seed extract. I have read a lot about it and it really seems to work. My husband has also been taking it and when he went to the Dr's she was amazed at his BP reading.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apparently, A.C.E. inhibitors (which Lisinipril is), is known to cause a hacking, dry cough, although not everyone experiences this. For some people, the cough is so bad, it keeps them awake at night, which means they have to come off the medication. Usually, the cough will disappear once the medication is stopped. If your cough isn't keeping you awake, or making you sore, why not continue with it.

You mentioned Grape Seed..how much do you take? I'm very interested in this, but don't want it interfering with my bp medications.

• Posted

I stopped taking Lisinopril a month ago as my cough was constant day and night. I do not take any prescribed meds for my BP, I only take grapeseed extract. Yesterday my BP was 128/85. I take 3 x 100mg tablets each day. I take 2 after breakfast and 1 after evening meal. Grapeseed extract is also a very good antioxidant.
    • Posted

Hi nannylynn. Thanks for the information about Grapeseed Extract & the amount you take. I've considered this for quite a period of time,but wondered if it would conflict with the bp medication I'm already taking. I shall check with the Pharmacist. Any other information you might offer would be much appreciated!!!
    • Posted

Hi Mike,

Today my BP was 127/84. I suggest you get a good BP machine, if you do not already have one, Omron is a good make. If you decided to take the grapeseed extract I would keep a check on your BP daily (you can read about it online. Google Grapeseed extract and high BP).  When I took it with my BP meds, my BP dropped too low. Now I take it on its own, as you can see my BP is pretty good. My husband also started taking Grapeseed extract as his BP had risen even on meds. He takes 2 x 100mg daily with his meds. His BP is normal now. Let me know what you decide to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.