High ESR blood, feeling of blood creeping through veins, menopause?

Posted , 9 users are following.

for several years I have had high ESR blood viscosity results. Other symptoms diziness, light headed, brain fog. Menopausal, past 4 years

At night especially, I can feel blood "creeping" round my legs, feet and groin, wakes and scares me

I understand a symptom of menopause is formication, a feeling of ants crawling on skin, but this feels different.

Does anyone else suffer this, or can help? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi arroli

i have had the weird feeliing in the past of kind of feeling blood rush through so to speak , and like popping sensation ithrough areas in legs veins, not often though..

also . A high ESR result shows there may be inflammation in your body. ...

have you had further tests, or been unwell ..

jay xx

• Posted

arroli

when you had your blood tests..

something to also consider.. 

Did you have your Thyroid blood test and Vit B12 levels checked..? 

I now take Kelp supplements for Thyroid 

and B12 injections twice monthly ..

( or sometimes the strongest Jarrows B12 5000mcg cherry - red Label) 

Vit D .

Elevated ESR is showing inflammation in the body.

An elevated ESR can be due to various conditions but those conditions may include thyroid disease, anaemia ( B12 deficiency)

Vit D Deficency.

jay xx

• Posted

Jay thanks for your replies

I have been many times to gp and esch time had further blood tests always high ESR showing inflammation markers but no diagnosis

GP prescribed ADs saying i was anxious, maybe but know something isnt right within my body (havent taken any of these ...yet)

Have other menopausal symptoms, dizzy, lightheaded, brain fog, extreme tiredness, anaemic etc

Resding this forum I have started taking menopace and B6 and B12 supplement so hoping to see some improvement soon

Never had a test for thyroid problems, id assume GP would have suggested that, although she did run a blood test for arthritis markers, none 

Im not trying to self diagnose, just looking for alternative help and advice

• Posted

Hi Aroli

yes its me thats recommends the B6 and B12 

you want at least 100mg of B6..

or the Mega 100 B complex from holland and barret. ( that contains 100mg B6) 

and a good 5000mcg of B12 

especially in peri meno or post meno, we lack this big time.

yes i also had a Doc who gave me AD's i didnt take them ..thats when i got great relief from B6 i take 150mg daily my anxiety went and the aches, and wellbeing shot back up..

i am post menopause now just ..

the thyroid test is a blood test too..

TFT ( thyroid function test)  GP may have done is as part of the Full blood counts ( full routine blood tests) 

however, B12 & Vit D tests are normally not routine tests..

jay xx

• Posted

arroli 

about the B6 and B12 ... Hope it helps you too.. 

Why Women in Perimenopause & post menopause Need B-Vitamins

Everyone needs B-vitamins for good health.

Without them we can suffer from a variety of serious ailments.

For a woman going through perimenopause, B-vitamins can be essential for effectively managing symptoms.   

Adrenal fatigue, for example, is a common secondary condition for many women going through perimenopause.

B-vitamins support healthy adrenal function, along with calming and maintaining a healthy nervous system.

Many women also suffer with mood swings during perimenopause.

Both B12 and B6 vitamins aid in the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, a key brain chemical needed to stabilize moods and promote feelings of wellness and contentment.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, post menopause low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause. It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

i take 150mg daily of B6 in morning..

and Jarrows B12 5000mcg Cherry - red label is the better strength B12 .

also a Mega B 100 Complex with at least 100mg B6 in it is a good choice 

jay xx

• Posted

Yes!!! I get crawlies through my legs.

I have veins in my legs that are slight varicose.

My mother died of pulmonary embolism.

She was only 68 that's not old these days.

So I'm also cautious about my health.

As we get older, it seems that different things start happening to us.

I suppose the best thing to do is try and keep fit,

Eat good nourishing foods, and sleep enough.

But sometimes that is easier said than done!

• Posted

hi elizabeth 

i use to feel like butterfly flutters in the veins in the legs ..

mostly though when been bending or doing something that means bending legs for a while ( like gardening etc) ..

its like the blood flow was cut off abit and it was all flooding back through..

your so right though .. Exercise and keeping active as you can and a good diet ... Lots of water ...

Sorry about your mum elizabeth.. No that isnt old at all ..

big hugs 

jay xx

• Posted

Thank you both for your replies

I do have prominent veins in left leg although never had them checked for being varicose

the feeling is more of blood coursing through my legs feet and groin rather than a tingling or fluttering

I did once have heart checked to rule out anything sinister and blood pressure is always normal

I too agree with our bodies ageing and changing and for the majority of time I do try to eat healthy and do keep fit etc

I  hoping that Jays advice re B vitamins gives me a remedy  and relief from  symptoms

Elizabeth - do you have any treatment for your symptoms?

• Posted

No but I was taking vitamin D through the winter months. But the tablets that I sucked was very sugary. So always going to wash my teeth or rinse my mouth out afterwards. 

But doctor looked at my legs not too long ago and said they weren't that bad. 

So I just keep active. Teach part time in my profession. 

Keeps me going lol 😊

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth

oh i know what you mean there ..

i take Natecal the chewy vit D & Calcium in one..

and they set my teeth on edge as sweet..

i too have to clean teeth after .. 

Have a great afternoon 

jay xx

• Posted

🌺Aw bless you ahh the joys of seeping into old age mm x

You have a great afternoon too x

• Posted

Hi how you doing,mouth all better ? not seen much come up on site.

I've been so ,so up and down ,how it goes.Ears driving me nuts ,hissing away .

Spent most of yesterday in garden,keep busy keeps mind else where.

Get the flu jab this Saturday .know winter around corner .xxxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

i had part two of root canal today, only had nerve out last week and medication put in the empty root canal, and left to settle.

today all cleaned and filed down and filled with the paste, now left to settle again..

one more appt on Monday for final filling ..

smarting abit as gum sore due to the pressure in the gum of the procedure.

oh sorry your ears are still hissing... i would not like that at all, so not fair that every day..

Flu jab this saturday 😃 thats a sure sign yes Autumn here..

i always have one but they are abit later here, as still warm etc..

normally November I have mine ...

yes the site been quiet, Dottie been quiet.. 😀

jay xx

• Posted

I'm only 16 years old but i can feel the blood rushing through my veins pretty much everytime I'm in a quiet environment

Beside the blood rushing in your veins,can you also feel the burst of blood coming out of your heart?(im just curious)

• Posted

Helo aroli I am currently going through similar symptoms described by you.I have been to the doctors,he is of the opinion that I have ulcer .he put me on metronidazole n B1.I have gotten relief from the ulcer pain .but still feel flagged out most of the time n when sleeping feel my blood moving tru my viens esp at my legs.I equally find it difficult falling asleep.I will be turing 35 this year n all these symptoms are quite sacry to me because I have always watched what I eat n exercise regularly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.