High PSA 55ng/ml

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

My father's PSA is increased to 55ng/ml, what does this mean ?

He is diagnosed with prostate cancer (bone metastases) going through hormone therapy (with oral medicine - zelgor)

With calutide, PSA came down from 0.7 to 0.1 again its increased to 13 and the spread became more and now its increased to 55. what does it indicate. If anyone knows, pls share through response. it'll help.

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I am in a very similar situation I am waiting to see the oncologist but have had talks with the MDT who indicate it's time to start second line treatment

and talked of four options two are a hormone based tablet one a steroid based tablet and the fourth option being chemotherapy l am still on a daily casodex tablet plus six monthly hormone injections but will be glad to start the new treatment forgot to say I am 68 years old wishing your husband all the best Cheers Mike

• Posted

Hi,

Zelgor seems to create side effects and my father is facing pain in the abdomen area, doctor talks about suspicious masses in the liver (we're yet to do an ultra sound to see if its a real issue - hopefully it'll be normal)

My father is on zelgor with prednisolone as prescribed by the doctor. He's taking Aloe arboroscene in parallel. PSA came down from 110 to 11. 

We stopped taking zelgor in between due to pain in abdomen area and other side effects of zelgor. PSA came up to 34.33

Now the abodomen pain is consistent and doctor has adviced us to do an ultra sound.

Meanwhile, am just trying to understand if it'll help to go back to calutide now (as I have read few blogs stating that after an interval/gap if we start to take calutide, it'll work, Is it true ? and can we continue to take calutide again and see if it helps - this is to avoid the side effects (majorly in liver) of zelgor 

Pls share your experience if anyone has attempted this and succeed. Suggestion will help.

Thanks.

• Posted

Any reply / response will help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.