High Results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Please can someone give me insight. I had general bloods done and was told my Liver Function Test and was told results were high, ALT 114 and PGT 58.

Can someone please let me know what this means as I am getting very worried.

Thank You

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What did your doctor say, you should organize a follow-up visit? Could be an indication of fatty liver, but could be numerous things or nothing.  Make an appointment to discuss further, normally they will repeat a test in a few months to compare.
    • Posted

So I called earlier and those were the results I was given by the receptionist, telling me that this sample was high.

Part of the problem is that I think the doctors so not really care how they should for me since I fell out with their receptionist.

I called to try and get an appointment to discuss it today, I've been informed I can have an telephone appointment in a week to discuss it, but there is nothing to worry about right now. Apparently I will have more bloods taken in another month.

I paid for a telephone consultation today with a private doctor, who told me that my ALT result of 114 is high as it should normally be about 40, but that there are so many things it could be, that we would not know until more test are done.

So I'm not sure why my doctor would delay more tests.

• Posted

Easy to say, but try not to worry too much.  As I mentioned in earlier reply, if bloodwork suddenly shows a high result, they will redo the test in 1-3 months (mine was 3 months) but good you only have to wait another month.  If the same result is still high, then I would guess your doc may order an ultrasound of abdomen just to check everything.  I am not in the medical profession but going from my own experiences.
    • Posted

Yikes! It's a real shame we always have to wait so long to find out any information in this day and age

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.