High TSH 33.36 and high serum free thyroxine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was diagnosed back in 2007 with Graves' disease and had radio iodine treatment to kill off the thyroid gland, since having this treatment they can not control my thyroid levels. I feel ill all the time my body hurts especially my legs I get body tremors and really bad brain fog. My last blood results was TSH 33.36 serum free thyroxine 21.5 trilodothyronine 3.7 and was told to increase thyroxine 4 weeks ago 125mg but had phone call this morning from dr saying the bloods I had tues say I'm now overactive and to take 100mg. I'm so confused can anyone help?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your serum B12 and Folate levels checked?

I am not a medically trained person nor do I know anything aboud thyroid problems other than there is a risk for those with Graves disease of having a Vitamin B12 Deficiency and the symptoms you mentioned are similar to those of B12D.

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply I have recentley been tested for both and they have come back normal but my cortisol has come back slightly high. I'm waiting from call from dr Monday to see what I should do next.

• Posted

That probably rules out a B12 Deficiency.  Hopefully your doctor will come up with some answers.

I wish you well for the future

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.