Hip replaced

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. I need advice. I had a hole hip replacement a year ago and thought I was back to normal than I lifted a few heavy it so and was fine that day but got up the next morning and I felt like I was kicked in the butt and pain down my leg. Went to bed that night  in pain then the next morning I was fine again until I lost my Balkans and stopped myself from falling. Then the pain is back I can hardly lift my leg without the sharp nurve like pain. What do I do ? Will I just leave it as I'm going to see the surgeon next Monday about my other hip replacement or should I go to the Drs? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hhhmmm ... that' scary! I might try icing and elevating it a bit and a quiet day or two if you can. If you can see a GP if might be good - a week to see your surgeon might not be good enough it something serious happened.

Good luck,

L

• Posted

Since you are going to the Dr tomorrow you might just try ice ,anti inflammatory ,and rest until tomorrow.I had to postpone my 2nd hip replacement by 2 months because my operative hip had a femur fracture.Bottom line you need to figure out what's wrong with the first hip before proceeding to the 2nd hip and if that means holding off a little then you need to consider it.Take good care,keep up posted.

• Posted

I have heard this a few times now ( Thinking about it, it'll be my 9 month anniversary next week - EEK ! )  ... it usually seems to settle down with rest.

Lots of us forget ourselves and do something 'silly', like me climbing up onto my workshop roof to stop a leak.

As always, my advice would be that if it is very bad, or gets worse, go and seek some professional medical advice.

Best wishes

Graham

• Posted

Hi Heather , 

Oh dear ... doesn't sound too good - 

is your appointment today or next week Monday? If next week and you are in a lot of pain, better find out if you can come in sooner --- lifting heavier things is a problem for me too - just not sure how much I can lift or carry but always find out when it is too much ...

also, apparently your other hip is in need of surgery and that might be causing pain as well ...

good luck and let us know how you are getting on, okay?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Sorry you misunderstood. I'm going to see the surgeon about my other hip and its next week

• Posted

heather717

See your doctor.  You either have sciatica or you may have a small fracture of the femoral shaft.

• Posted

Hi Heather,

How are you doing today? If not feeling much better, please don't wait - better the hip you got checked than the one you didn't get checked, and should have!

Hugs,

L

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.