hip replacement

Posted , 30 users are following.

I am 28 years old and I am having full hip replacement within 3 month, after having 20 years of pain. I am terrified, worried and I feel sick, is anyone here had had hip replacement at "this age" please could anyone thought me trough I am getting depress and this last thing I want at the moment.

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hally, have a look at the discussion at the top of this page, I'm 48, a bit older than you I know but it's the same op. I had it done last Tue 5th March and I've done a day by day diary. Any questions please get in touch and don't worry about being terrified, I was too but it's really no problem and I'd do it again tomorrow if I had to.

Wilky

• Posted

Hi Hally . I had my second hip replaced 8 march . I had right hip replaced oct 2009 and have been waiting ever since for left hip . I assure you there is nothing to worry about . You will not believe how instantly the painGoes. People will say how better you look straight after your op, because the agony has gone . I wish you all the best.
    • Posted

Hi Colin I'm booked in for THR nx Tuesday I'm terrified 24/7 pulled out 4 times but must do this or live disabled life !

Read horror stories is it really that bad or what's chances of me being unlucky one ? I'm all doom n gloom at mo please help

Kind Regards Angela 60 yr old

• Posted

Hi Hally,

I am 25 and I was also scheduled for a hip replacement beginning of this year but I did not have to go ahead with it because I found an alternative. I went through a stem cell therapy and it has healed me almost 90% at the moment. It is a treatment method that takes 4-5 months where my own bone marrow was extracted and the seperated stem cells were re-inserted to affected hip area and it has given me results without going through a surgery. I have heard that the hip does not heal 100% even after the surgery and I am happy to live this way without having to cut myself. My surgeon did a great job and I'm glad I got this treatment for my self.

• Posted

Hi Gina,

I have the same hip problem, please tell me where you had your stem cell treatment, and who is the doctor?

Thank you.

Dick

• Posted

Gina, I would love to talk with you about your expeirence. I'm looking into mesenchymal stem cell injections for both my knees and hips. I'm really excited about this, and it's always good to find a 'mentor' to see what can be done to ensure a positive successful expeirence! 
    • Posted

Dear gina i have also problem on my hppe and i want to do stem cell therapy so i need some information about that , if it possible for you give me information about your theray and where you did it?

thank you

• Posted

Gina,

Can you tell me where you had your stem cell treatment done.   Was it private.   As I would like the same treatment.

Josephine

• Posted

Hi Gina,

I am investigating stem cell therapy.  However the data show the improvements are minimal(30%) and it doesn't always work.  Not sure how severe your hip was and what exactly was the treatment.  I woud LOVE to avoid surgery as I have a drug metabolising disorder and do not want to undergo anesthesia.Unfortunately my arthritis is severe. Can you tell me where you had the stem cell procedure done and the physician's name and the cost. Phone numbers would be of great help also.  Thank you so very much for your help.   It is $6,700 in the US so I can't afford to do it unless it will really work.

• Posted

Hi everyone thank you very much for your help and support thank you!

Hi Gina!

what kind of problem you had with your hip it was broken? Because mine is broken and the head of my hip it collapse and my left leg is shorter than right leg.

• Posted

Hi Gina 123!

I am 33 and have reumatic Arthritis. I have pain in my left hip and some doctors recomend surgery.

Please ask and inform is your tretmant good for my problem.

• Posted

Hi Hally,

I'm sure a radiology report will be required for my doctor to get an idea about your condition. Have you gone through a partial or a complete hip replacement? In situations where a fractured hip may be so severely destroyed, it would need surgical alignment and stabilizing followed by which may be able to do stem cells afterwards.

However, you should be talking to a proffessional about your condition.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed personal details and email addresses/links as we do not publish these. If anyone wishes to have these or contact each other directly please use the messaging service.

• Posted

You will not be able to treat RA with this treatment but the painful joints that can come up as a result of RA. My arthritis was effecting severely in my knees and the stem cell therapy was like god sent. Hence your pain in the hip maybe treated with stem cell therapy but not RA. At the moment I have not developed any pains in anyother joints apart from my knees, therefore I did not need to go through this treatment again.

I suggest you can try this treatment or the options before you go in for surgery. If you need more information let me know, I will ask my docor and let you know. Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi hally I'm 57yrs old a little older than you I've had bad hips where being I got to not being able to walk hardly at all I've kept putting surgery off due to feeling like you however in march this yr I had my 1st full hip replacement it gave me back my life I went for a 6 wk check up with the surgeon and he offerd to do the other hip of which I've now had done and trust me you will never know or feel anything it's a great op and trust me you will wish you had it done before I never even had after pain on either hip stay cool stay happy and all the best hally
  • Posted

Hello rosso9 thank you for the courage.

I have date for my operation it going be on the 18 in 12 days. how was those 6 important weeks after the operation, how was the impact on your day to day life? I would like to hear from someone who gone thru the hip replacement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.