hip replacement op and sick (medical) certificates.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have my op in may. I am going to have to send the dwp certificates. What duration can the Dr put on it. Can he put say may till August 3 months?

Thanks

Janex

Ps or does it have to be a month at a time.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Mine was 6 weeks from operation then at my 6 week check got another one for another 6 weeks.

May vary, but hospital should sort for you

All the very best. Hope it goes well

Barbara

X

• Posted

I was given a sick note for 6 weeks when I went in for my op but I don't qualify for sick pay as I'm 66 & only work 2 days a week. I went back to work as soon as it ran out but it was far too early.

if I could have claimed sick pay I wouldn't have gone back so soon.

• Posted

Hi Jane your gp can make out a medical certificate for 3 months if he wishes, however my gp gave me a med cert up until my op, then the hospital gave me a med cert when I left from that day for 6 weeks, then my consultant gave me a med cert for a further 2 weeks before I went back to work.

• Posted

I was given a six week cert on discharge from hospital (which I think is pretty standard). Wasn't ready to go back at 6 weeks and didn't have my follow up appointment with the consultant until week 7. Simply rang my gp's surgery and they gave me a certificate for another 4 weeks.
  • Posted

Hi Jane

My consultant gave me a sick note for two months then another for 5 weeks I think it depends on the consultant

Good luck with your op

Regards Vicki

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.