HIV Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good day, I am a person who is terrified of being diagnosed with HIV.

I had unprotected sex in 2012 but my partner tested negative, after that I have never had unprotected sex. The last time I had sex was October 2014. recently I have been experiencing certain symptoms of HIV,

-Mid March 2014- joint pains, flu and hectic fatigue

-October 2014- symptoms of athletes foot (but this might be because of the injury I had on one of my toe nails in june, which had to be removed)

-December 2014- flu came back, the swelling of lymph nodes in the neck and sore throat and a pinkish rash on my chest during the same week. Skin began peeling off on my feet (has not returned to its normal state eversince)

-January 2015- fatigue and occasional muscle pains

-March 2015- still the occasional muscle pains and fatigue

All I would like to know, should I be worried about these symptoms with regards to HIV and has anyone ever experienced such?

I have not done a HIV TEST but a recent health check up revealed that my body was dehydrated and my BMI revealed that I was obese.

As a background, when I used to gym, I would take supplements, mainly whey and creatine. I am also a person who is addicted to caffeine through coffee and energy drinks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear Sipho.

Are you in UK?

It really is pretty unlikely that you are HIV + given your test and the fact that you have not had unprotected sex.  I take it the sex is with a man?

I would guess that the symptoms may be partly due to your gym habits.  You say you have an excess BMI is that due to muscle or fat?  Do you really need to take all those strange "supplements"?  Why not concentrate on a healthy normal diet?

• Posted

Good day Simon,

No I'm in South Africa.

The problem is with my gym habits, I haven't been to the gym in months, and the last time I used the supplements was in December, I'm focusing on a balanced diet now.

I think my BMI IS due to muscle and a bit of fat.

• Posted

Good day to you too Sipho

This is a UK forum and to some degree ifw e are answering from UK it will be based on our knowledge here. In UK the risk of HIV is pretty low but I would guess in SA much higher?

I still think that the likelihood of you having a problem is pretty low given what you have said.  The difficulty with "symptoms" is that they may just be that; in other words they make you worried but probably do not actually mean that you have a disease!  When we are worried about something then we tend to focus on every little thing and worry more; that's life I suppose.

The way forward - perhaps - is to go to see a doctor about what these symptoms may mean. If so I would not - initially anyway - mention your HIV fears.

Your earlier partner tested negative. You have - to some degree at least - to accept that if that is what the tests show then that is the situation.  Your partner was indeed negagtive.  If you have not subsequently had unsafe sex it is highly unlikely that you have HIV

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.