Hole in my esophagus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok, so,I've been posting a lot of craziness on here but I really can't help it.

I've been having pain on the right side of my,chest like towards my sternum. If you've read my previous post you know what I'm talking about. Anyways it seems that the pain does get relieve when I burp but sometimes it feels like it's sore.

I do take Famotidine for heartburn. And way before my anxiety started I had acid reflux (sometimes not every time I ate). I don't feel like its helping. Whe, I drink gi,her it seems to be relieve and I burp up a storm. But I'm afraid it's something else like esophagus perforation (hole in the esophagus) I read that it was rare but I can't stop thinking about it.

I had 2 chest xrays 2 set of blood work, 1 urine test and 1 ekg done and every thing was normal, all the numbers for the blood test was normal aor a little lower than normal.

It doesn't hurt when I breath, I haven't been coughing up blood or vomiting, haven't really been experiencing the acid reflux, breathing is ok. But I feel like I can feel my food or drink going down

Idk what to make of it and my,anxiety is making me worry

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I completely sympathise - my anxiety is very focused on that sort of thing too! All the parts of my body I've been convinced had something awful wrong with them over the years - almost none of them had anything going on.

Just because we're anxious about bodily feelings doesn't discount the fact that a symptom might be real.

I don't think it's a perforation though, I think that would be life - threateningly serious, but could certainly be GORD or GERD (google it) - or, if this is any help (it was hugely to me) someone I know is involved in head & neck nursing and they told me that your throat is so sensitive that a tiny speck of something or the slightest swelling can feel like you have something so big and blocking in there it makes you panic when you swallow and feel it. It's weird but that one simple explanation helped very much, my awful throat/swallowing anxiety isn't gone but slightly less alarming for that knowledge 😊

• Posted

I meant to say when I drink ginger tea or anything gingery
  • Posted

Have your doctor check to see if you have a hiatal hernia.  I have severe pain under my rib cage during episodes of anxiety.  They also told me that I have gravel in my gallbladder, which may eventually turn to stones.  Just an idea for you to check on.  That pain feels like a heart attack and is very scary...HUGS.
    • Posted

Thank you I had a bad episode yesterday and I'm gonna call today to see if I can talk to a gastroenterologist too. I'm also gonna keep a food journal and track what may cause this irritation
    • Posted

Please keep us informed on what you find out.  I only have a bowel movement every four days because i can't eat much food...I'm really sick of this, but the doctor just keeps giving me anti-spasmatic pills, which helps some...I don't think doctors know much these days...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.