Hole through frenulum help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have recently noticed that I have a hole in my frenulum.

I have always had slighly tight foreskin, but it has never caused problems during sex. A few times in the past I have had swelling around the glands after sex, but I have never had sharp pain or bleeding that other people have experienced so I am unsure how I got the hole or how long its been there sad

I am getting a bit worried that this could be serious hoping somebody might have an opinion from looking at the image. Is the sort of thing that could require circumcision?

Thanks for any responses!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ahunt.

Firstly, just a tip: the head of your penis is called the 'glans' (or strictly 'glans penis'). Males have only one glans (singular). But we all, male and female, have scores of glands (plural) in almost every part our anatomy.

Looking at your two photos, it seems you may have a potential problem in the future. If the slit increases or if one of the two strands of your remaining frenulum breaks, the other will follow.

You have an exceptionally advanced condition called 'frenulum breve'. A frenuloplasty is an option because it will lengthen a short frenulum and bring it back to its natural state. But in your case this might not be possible.

You could have your frenulum removed completely. But it's there for two reasons.

1) It swiftly and easily aids foreskin retraction over an erect penis.

2) Erocitally, it's highly sensitive to touch.

But your penis will still 'function' properly without a frenulum.

Circumcision is the removal of the foreskin only. It won't help your problem. I was very sadly circumcised as an adult. The surgeon asked if I also wanted my frenulum removed. I said "No" - the fact that I had to be circumcised was bad enough.

Christopher

• Posted

this hole will cause no problem whatsoever.you had it from birth.im surprised it took you so long to notice it. i have managed to stretch the largest hole in my frenulum ,i can insert my little finger to the end of the fingernail and this can encourage a trickle of pre-ejaculate .
  • Posted

i was circed as a baby but fren not removed.however my fren has 3 holes which are inter linked.i can insert narrow objects in any of the  holes and comes out the others.the largest hole i can pass through a slim ball pen. there used to be another separate small loop just below the fren but this used to bleed when i wanked dry. one day i inserted a match and severed it with a thumbnail.it sprung apart and after a few days it disappeared.i always thought i was the only one with holy fren.i once attached a small gold ring.i told my wife it was my wedding but she made me take it out.! just think you wont have to get it pierced !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.