Holland's pies

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know that pies are not the healthiest,but I thought a cheese and onion wouldn't harm too much.Looking at the ingredients,I noticed that the flour used to make the pastry has added iron,etc.Is it safe to assume that this is at a lower level than that added to cereals as no level is quoted? I noticed that Tesco pies and Soreen malt loaf are the same.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eric

I think it is all a mind field re ingredients, I have always eaten hovis

Wholemeal bread,says nothing on the packaging, I phoned hovis they

Said yes iron is included in the processing, asked them why it's not mentioned

On the ingredients for our condition ,they had no idea what hemochromatosis

Was,they said they would look into it,not going to hold my breath???

So it could apply to almost anything ,where iron is included but not

Mentioned.

Stir clear of our main culprits ,and just be sensible.

Cheers philx

• Posted

Hi......pretty much eat what you want. It can't be controlled by diet, only phlebs. I eat what I want now. I've given up looking at labels. Have plenty of calcium and tea and turmeric when you eat, give blood regularly, and your levels will stay low. I'm going every two months at the mo, eating what I want, though Def not much red meat...my latest level was 8.....a little low, so may donate less often in the new year. You eat your pie and enjoy!

• Posted

Hi mike

I'm a terrible eater if I read every lable I would starve,in Malta now

6 restraunts in the hotel try them all,having a few beers too worry

About things when I get back????

(Weather is very hot to boot)

Cheers Philx

• Posted

I know fellow hh sufferers....we all eat and drink what we want when we want...end of!! Have a good time....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.