Holter - - WHY ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

My new family doctor sent me for various tests including the 24 hour holter, I asked should I stop the Amiodarone the week before, she said no. So what was the point of doing this test when with the drug I AM PERFECTLY NORMAL?   Result normal, patient (me) very annoyed for having to travel 4 hours. Sometimes I wonder. HUH.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was told that is not a good drug to be on for a long time..affects lungs and liver..maybe..needs to be watched. I was on it for a surgical procedure. 
  • Posted

sorry you had to travel so far, but things need to be monitored pity more GP's werent so cautious.

L.

• Posted

A very dangerous drug that you need to be off for a very long time before it is out of your system.
    • Posted

THANKYOU EVERYONE. Some of you say your heart in AF goes slower or misses- correct ?  Mine just goes faster and faster, my chest is shaking like mad. At first they said I had SVT and gave Verapamil. I still had episodes. Then, in hospital for a laparotomy they decided I had AF and gave me the Amio and not a single rattle since ( 2 years ago) You tell me this is a dangerous drug, does anyone have the same sympton as me and what to you take ?? I shall sign myself befuddled and confused - - - -
    • Posted

Hi Jay,

Join the club most of us are confused good job we have each other or it would be worse, yes my PAF goes slower and misses beats. find it very strange with so much technology around in the 21st century that no one seems to know what causes it.

Take care

L.

• Posted

It is the most effective drug but does have a lot of short and long term side effects. Google the History of Amiodarone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.