Home after op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Came home yesterday Monday 13th after my op on Tuesday 7th February. Had to show stoma nurse I could change the bag ok on my own before could be discharged from hospital . Very strange & surreal walking back into house after all that's happened in 7 days! Felt very tired & opted for chicken soup supper even though bored with it in hospital it was an easy option.

Fell asleep on sofa- said I wouldn't do that! So then made sure went up to bed & slept until 7am! Cup of tea in bed later & didn't get up until 8.30.What a rare treat. Usually woke at 5 & rushed immediately to the loo. Took it steady this morning. Neighbours popped in & after scrambled egg lunch fell asleep again. Another visitor mid afternoon & now I'm pooped. All is good though.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear. You will get stronger and stronger just take your time. To be honest, I eat just about anything these days.
  • Posted

Hi Bustergut1,

Welcome home!!  I bet you feel happier and better now you've left hospital.

It's great to know that you've got good neighbours who can keep an eye on you, especially in these early days of your recovery and recuperation.

Take it easy, as you are obviously doing, get plenty of quality rest and sleep and get well soon. 

I loved the reference to being 'pooped'; very apposite!!  smile

Pete A x 

• Posted

Glad you are home, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.... and now not having to rush to the loo every so often! Woohoo!

You will be tired out though and find that you just doze off mid lunch time news, but that's normal. Lol

Like Darasdad said, you will get stronger and stronger, take your time and try not too bend down or lift anything heavy.....

In a few weeks try a short walk, only if you feel ready though!

🖒😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.