Home cholesterol monitors

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone got/used one if these monitors and if so how accurate do you think they are?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Whoops realised I mentioned a brand sorry! 

Yes I have recently purchased a Cholesterol testing meter/system. The results were very close to my recent blood results from GP. Easy to use, just followed guidance on u  tube.

• Posted

Does it tell you ldl on that! Didnt know this even exiested.
  • Posted

Hi Chris. How much does your monitor cost and is it simple to use.

Dave

• Posted

For goodness sake. Just when this was getting really interesting and your reply gets blocked. I presume because it was advertising but we need to know about these things. I've just lost 16 kg, gone from size 18 to 12. Yet I've just been recalled on my cholesterol test by the GP so I am fearing the worst. I have focused my weight loss on low carb and virtually no sugar due to tackling a pre-diabetic condition. I have monitored that with a glucose meter (not mentioning any brands!!!!!). That has really helped me keep levels well within normal so a cholesterol one might be very useful. Ridiculous that you can't comment one one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.