Home remedies for lichen planus scar

Posted , 13 users are following.

Can anybody share home remedies to remove lichen planus scars... i have my hole hands covered with scar.. does this will be permanant ...?

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Try a vitamin C based cream
    • Posted

Anything Vitamin C is a bad idea. LP is an autoimmune diseases and is the result of an over active immune system. Vitamin c is an immune booster and will make you break out. I found this out the hard way. Instead use cold pressed organic flaxseed oil. I've been using it on my scars and taking it orally in tablet form and adding flaxseed meal to my foods. I've seen great results with the flaxseed and a probiotic.

• Posted

Sunburn...I found out that where I got sun burn this past summer the scars disappeared.

I am certain that our gut health is responsible for this LP Lately I've been focusing on my gut health, reading articles and experimenting with a few things and found two things that help, Probiotic and flaxseed oil. I have seen the LP subside since taking them. I've experienced less and less breakouts and the scars have become lighter and lighter.

I've tried hydrogen Peroxide as a topical wash mixed 50/50 with water. Hydrogen Peroxide is a bleaching agent and is used in a lot of women's cosmetic whitening creams and also used in whitening teeth products. I don't recommend this method unless you do a little research. I used 3% hydrogen Peroxide that you can find in any grocery or pharmacy anything stronger is dangerous. Hydrogen Peroxide will dry out the skin if used to often. Once a month is the most I'd use this method.

• Posted

I agree with you 100% on the gut health thing I also think it’s brought on if any of your filtering organs are not working properly I found this out by dumb luck when I did a life Ins. Policy my kidneys were not functioning as well as they  should be basically if too much toxins build up in your body I think this is the result tried every Steroid treatment known to man & none of it has made a difference ! I was actually thinking about trying to go into the sun for the brown mark thing since the said UV treatment is helpful it has a serious effect on you mentally cause you feel like a leopard! Cleaning up yourself internally is probably the only way to get rid of this scurdge!! Good luck to you all!!

• Posted

Currently i m applying turmeric paste on scars..any idea about it..??
    • Posted

I know that turmeric helps with inflammation when taken orally and LP is a inflammatory disease. The LP is considered to be an autoimmune disorder and I find it to convenient that the rash tend to show up where your body sweets out toxins your wrist, forearm, armpits, inner thighs, back of the knees, feet and ankles basicly your lymphatic system.

Have you seen any positive results from using the paste?

In my opinion anything topical is only a temporary fix much like taking a pain pill for a pulled muscle. The source of the problem has to be addressed which in my opinion is the gut. Fix that and your body will do the rest. Skin cells are the fastest regenerative cell so over time the scars will disappear that's why I believe the sun or UV light helped some of my scars.

• Posted

I just started applying turmeric couple of days back..so will comment on its effect afterwords.. well i will inform if i see any positive result ..hope so..
    • Posted

Check out the other topic I started the title is "Licochalcone for LP skin relief" I came across this and started using it once a day. It's only been 8 days but I do believe the scars left behind are fading. I took a before picture and the difference is out standing.

• Posted

Hmmm... My whole body, and every inch except for my face is covered in the aftermath of my LP... People look at me like I'm contagious. And since it was triggered when I got pregnant with my son, I hold my head up high when people look at me weirdly. I'm willing to try anything. The itching stopped when I had my son and it's been a year now. I'm gonna try the flaxseed oil. Anything else you guys have in mind you can throw my way

• Posted

I found that a sun burn will greatly decrease or even get rid of the scars also I found a probiotic and focusing on gut health helped reduce recurrence
  • Posted

This is an iranian traditional treatment for brown scars.I did it once and it was effective and i wanna do it again for getting ride of LPscars forever: mix One cup of organic grape vinegar,one cup of mint distillate In a pan and heat it till start boiling, put it aside and let be cooler.ehen it was not hot and was just warm add two cups of honey and mix it. This prepared mixture is a common drinking for treating many diseases called Sekanjabin.

You should drink a glass of this drinking every night 2 hours after dinner and morning before breakfast for at least 4 months to 7 months.

Hope to be effective for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.