Home safe and sound

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi fellow hippies,

Well, after a bit of a humpty start to my recovery (very low pulse rate, blood counts and blood pressure) I picked up the pace and things put themselves right spontaneously, thankfully.

Carried out my OT and physio assessments perfectly well today so they let me come home. Now just to be patient, as a good patient should be, take things carefully, do the exercises and try not to push too fast, too soon. With having done this once already, there is the fear that I could get too overconfident and try to go at a speed that is beyond my capabilities.

If I post anything that looks like I may be doing just that, you all have my permission to reel me in!!!

I'm looking forward to catching up on all your missed posts while I've been an inpatient.

Take care all.

Ali xx

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You are on the right track and with the right people to keep you there
  • Posted

Easy does it Ali. I notice a wee improving every day now at week 8. Sometimes I have read posts and felt I wasn't doing enough but it's a different journey for everyone.
  • Posted

Well done Ali

i know what you mean about overdoing it, so slow and steady!!

good luck, let us know how it goes x

• Posted

Welcome back, Ali

Best of luck in your recovery

Ella 

• Posted

good morning ali 

how did you sleethis first night at home?  You must be so relieved that it is done and now you can really begin to heal - 

I am getting more nervous about the 2nd one and yet can;t  wait for this familiar pain to stop and get one with life ....

I am sure your body will let you know when you do too much -

Please keep posting, if you can - 

thank you - take care and yes, be gentle with yourself - don't get too cocky -

warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi renee,

Ive actually slept really well. About 12 hours in total between my chair and my bed. 

I was very anxious too, I can't deny that but when you think of the end result, and where we are now with our first hip, it really is a no brainer, isn't it? We are taking control of our lives, rather than the pain and limitations controlling us and that can't be a bad thing can it? It's worth a few weeks of discomfort to get the rest of our lives I think.

Try not to worry too much, you will be fine and we are with you all the way with support and reassurance. You can do this. If I can, the wuss that I am, anyone can.

Keep smiling, things can only get better 😊

Ali xx

• Posted

Thank you Ali ... I saw my surgeon yesterday and definitely need THR on left hip - went through pre-op already, blood-, urine, EKG and admitting - put on the list ... phew .... 

you are right - it will only get better - 

warm hug - thank you for sharing 

renee

• Posted

Thanks everyone,

It's so good to be home but boy, did I forget how difficult those stairs were in the early days. It was at this stage last time I think that I said to my hubby that I wasn't sure if I'd done the right thing but after seeing the end result, of course I know the answer to that one now. Patience is the key to recovery in the hippie game.

I hope you are all good this morning 😀

Ali xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.