Horrible pressure in head arthritis in n

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get horrible pressure in lower back of head and sometimes temple. Is there a remedy anyone has

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I used to get back neck pain right at the base of my skull. Certain things made it worse (sitting at a desk) while rest improved.

A found neither aspirin or ibuprofen helped.

What did help was heating pad, best is the kind you plug in and it sort or drapes across your shoulders, I think by sunbeam.

I also changed my pillow (down) and sleeping position. Used to be stomach, went to back/side.

I also went to physical therapy to work on improving my posture, bringing neck back. There are many YouTube videos on forward head position you can watch to get the same. Be very aware of posture and try to fix. There's a phone app called PHP I recommend which can help you see how out of balance you are. My PT said it was years or bad posture and needed to be corrected, will take a while.

And exercise, for me that's brisk walking for 30 min.

In the end it may have just taken time, mine lasted about 9 months.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. My chiropractor says that my neck is really bad. He wants me to sleep on my back also. I am a side sleeper.  The thing that botners me most is the constant pressure in lower neck and so etimes the temples. He has been adjustng me and it is a lot better, but still annoying. Sometimes makes me feel I am going to faint.

i will try the heating  pad and see if that helps. Perhaps arnica or magnesium oil will do. Will try them all.

• Posted

Yes but keep a journal when you start taking meds. Often the side effects can make it ever harder to diagnose the root cause.

I would also recommend getting regular back massages. They work on muscles whereas chiropractor is on the spine alignment. In some cases the muscles cause nerve related problems via pinching instead.

I also feel faint from time to time. my conclusion is nerve issues can really cause a wife range of symptoms and they change from time to time. Regrowing damaged nerves ysk s months, even years.

• Posted

Thanks I will start doing that.  I hope they can figure it tgat out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.