Hot weather and menieres

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi my husband has suffered with mineires disease for 25 years in his left ear, last year it also came into his right ear.  We found it to be worse during hot weather and wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes the consultant I saw last year said it is worse during the spring/summer and possibly during early autumn.  Keep the shades on in bright light and wear a hat. Get your breathing exercises in and do the balance retraining/vestibular rehab in.   No quick fix only comfortable now with the exercises after 8 months! I certainly had a few hiccups this summer but nothing I couldnt handle.  Good luck
  • Posted

Hi, yes! I live in the Midwestern states and it becomes unbearably humid most of the summer. With this condition coming on abuse the 3rd week of May, I have noticed that even the slightest bit exposure to the humid outdoors flares up many symptoms such as the pressure in my ears and the crackling noise they make, it also increases my dizziness higher than where it's currently at on that day. This is a dilemma for me since this hot humid weather is very long and consistent.
  • Posted

I know this is old, however I found it because I'm wondering about the same thing. My first attack was last year and it seemed to last from April to September. All winter I was ok, maybe a bit off but nothing like I experienced in the summer.

When I thought I was safe, this past April it started again, the same exact thing. It's August now and I'm still dizzy more often then I'm not.

I wanted to know if more people in seasonal states experienced this, so I can know whether to look forward to some relief for a few months finlly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.