How can i prevent from Diamox 250 mg (taking for IOP-high eye pressure )side effects..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

How can i prevent from Diamox 250 mg (taking for high eye pressure )side effects? Is there any one taking or taken this tablets(Diamox 250 mg) for controling the IPO eye pressure. How long it should be taken. How can i prevent from its sdie effects. My DR. suggests me to take for 3 week, three times in a day. Plaese reply....

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This should not be taken for long term treatment. If you have really bad side effects you should report it to your doctor.    Have you recently been diagnosed with glaucoma?  Just wondering why you havent been given eye drops
    • Posted

Hi Marina,

I was using eye drops but no benefit from them, after that doctor told me take this Diamox tablets.

Actually I have some retinal problem, and for this doctors gave steroid injection in my affected eyes, he told me that there will be risk of pressure after giving the injection, now the same thing happened, doctors said yes high pressure is glaucoma, if we will not controlled it, then it becomes serious issue for my vision. So we have maintain the eye pressure.

• Posted

The Diamox should only be taken for about 3 weeks but if you cant tolerate the side effects you should be telling your doctor. There may be another drug you can try.Are you in UK?
    • Posted

As some one mentioned earlier, usually eye drops are prescribed for Glaucoma but unfortunately these do not work well for you. In fact, all Glaucoma eye drops have serious side effects as well in varying degrees for different people. Similarly, Diamox would certainly be having frightening side effects. I think the best advice for it can be from the Doc who prescribed it. I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.