How can I work with having seizures everyday?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 48 male, a month ago started having seizures (never had one before) while in the hospital for numbness on the left side of my face. Two days later after the Dr's run different test on me, I  was diagnosed with non-epileptic seizure. Now I can't drive which have affected my work as I'm a plumber.

Each time go out I become very tired and I have a lot of warning signs, 3 times, I've had seizures outer one of which I end up back in the Hospital (2 weeks ago) where I had 10 seizures that day.

I'm still waiting for an appointment at the National Hospital for Neurology

Could anyone please tell me how they manage their seizures.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey

Sorry to hear about your seizures. Don't let them diagnose you with non epileptic until you've had a head MRI scan first to make sure they haven't missed anything. If your neurologist insists that it's non epileptic, just say I was talking to a friend and they advised me to push for an MRI scan. They danced around me for two years. Unfortunately my scan came back clear which means I'm officially crazy for life but since you've had numbness then you need to push them for a scan.

How I deal with it is yoga. It really helps. If you can play an instrument then that helps too.

Hope you get it sorted soon x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, 

I had MRI scan done (2x)

Ecg

blood test and EEG done 

• Posted

Hi Peter

It is really hard but what happens when you have a seizure?

What actually happens to you?

Are you based in yhe uk?

• Posted

Hi 

I live Vauxhall, London. 

fall on the floor, my whole body will be shaking uncontrollably, but I'm conscious of my surrounding  

• Posted

I had ECG, MRI SCAN (2X) and EEG done 

EEG did not show the seizures were coming from my brain. 

• Posted

Have they put you on any medication or have you had any stress in your life that could have caused this to happen. Mine all started when I was going through a stressful period in my life. I have noticed that when I am stressed or upset, this is when it is more likely to happen. I am having talking therapy to try and help manage the situation, unfortunately this has also caused chronic fatigue syndrome which makes it impossible to be able to do things. You need a good neurologist to be able to refer you to the right people to get help.
    • Posted

Thanks Tracy

I've been put on the CODES TRIAL, at King college hospital, but what I'm doing at the moment to record how many seizures I have per day and email my recording every other week, was to i will see the neurologist after two to three months which I think to too long to wait esp when I'm still having seizures every day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.