How do I know if I have started in the menopause?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I don't want to bother my gp with another blood test and wondered if there was an easier way...

I do have hot flashes, and moments when I am quite short tempered.  I am a T2 diabetic and have hypothyroidism, suffer also with quite a lot of coccyx pain....

any suggestions people??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the blood tests arn't 100% accurate, so I don't think there is much point anyway.

But you should bother your GP and tell him what you have told us. He/she will be able to tell you what's going on. x

• Posted

You are like me i am type 2 diabetic and have hypothyroidism myself and my temper gets out of hand too, very out of hand, also i have trouble sleeping at times i become agitated at times than the psych meds that i was on made me sick and the HRTs i use to be on made me bleed 

The only thing i am taking is my Ativan, my thyroid pill my metformin, my multivitamin, my vitamin d3, my famotidine 

Psych meds make me sick and i am scared of trying new ones 

The one thing i am learning through therapy is that we are in control with how we act and if we let our anger get out of control we have to learn new ways to deal with our anger. Yes i have a lot of anger and yes i let little things get to me and i can not do that I am the one who is in control of my moods and my anger medication is not going to fix it 

I feel that you should try a mood stabalizer to help with your anger and an antidepressant to help with your moods 

Unless you want to go for the HRTs but if you go down that route you have to make sure your thyroid is checked every three months because HRTs can hurt the level with your thyroid and it can put your diabetes out of control so what ever rout you go down i would think about your diabetes and thyroid if you do try HRTs 

I would also talk to some one about how you can control your anger like a therapist 

These are helpful stuff and good luck with your menopause and hang in there life is to short to be angry and short tempered 

• Posted

Thanks Susan, I was hoping to avoid HRT if at all possible  my mother in law has been taking them for the last 30 years...

I have had therapy as I suffer with depression also, but I do believe my depression is caused by both the diabetes and hypothyroidism....  I am currently trying to wean myself off the antidepressants with the GPS advise but not sure that it will be possible long term.... I keep on trying as its the best I can do....

• Posted

Hi Mandy, I am 52 I used to have a hot flashes and very heavy sweats at night sometimes i change my pyj 3 times a night. One of family friend told me to try sage. Oh that s miracle after trying every thing. Buy a dry sage put it in tea pot or sauce pan poor boiled water and let it simmer for few mns more likely 5 to 10 mns. When it s cooled down drink it. Use it in stead your coffe or tea. After week you see the difference. Stop drinking caffeine will help too. I still use it every day, i take it without sugar Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks Zoe

I will give that  a go -  got to try everything  I do drink a lot of tea and coffee  so anything is a bonus...

Im not quite at the same stage as you and I can only add thankfully   hope you are getting more relfief with your relief....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.