How do I know which HRT is best for me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have been on Evorel Conti patches since 23rd November 2016, so about six weeks now. I started on them to tackle vaginal symptoms and am post menopausal. I am tearful a lot, seemed ti improve at first then had a recent bad patch. I just wondered if anyone knows about knowing which hrt is best? Just wondering if the oral tablet would suit me better. Also are there differences in strength of patches and oral tablets?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I find the patches suit me I used to be on the tablets but they didn't suit me with headaches and bloatness also I tried the gel there are different strengths it's just finding one that suits you

• Posted

Hi Catherine

I started on Evorel Conti patches last September after no periods for 3 months and suffering major night sweats and hot flashes amongst other symptoms. I'm 57. I've put weight on and my periods have returned between 4 and 6 weeks apart, not regular. I too have felt tearful and emotional, a bit like my early years when on birth control pills. I've started cutting about an eighth off each patch before applying it to lessen the amount of hormone I receive. . Not sure if this is the right thing to do but in my mind it makes sense! I feel more in control with the patches rather than swallowing a tablet.

I'm going to tackle the weight issue now and take more exercise. Hoping my periods will disappear again if I lose weight.

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I haven't had a period for over 3 years. I have been on the patches for six weeks, essentially for mood swings and vaginal atrophy. I am emotional and the vaginal symptoms still present. It's a minefield isn't it?! So far I haven't had any physical effects from the patches but it's early days I suppose. Good luck with everything and the weight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.