how do you coup with these feeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

How do you deal with when you get the feeling of fatigue brain fog jelly legs and how do you think do you all worry please tell me I start worrying do you all worry that you might die how do you think when you get these feelings.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to know every day is different. There are bad days & better days, look ahead.

On bad days, I take it easy, watch TV, read, do something to take your mind off it.

Depression is normal when you are suffering with CFS. It is hard to deal with, knowledge can help you discover ways to manage better.

Some people take antidepressants, or get counseling to help deal with the stress..

CFS isn't easy to live with, it takes courage & patience. I know you feel awful, I feel pretty rough today myself. My carpal tunnel is acting up, so I have to wear a brace &use it as little as possible.

I also have to take Lyrica, which makes me goofy.

So, I have to accept the fact that I won't be doing much for a few days.

I do sympathize, I hope you feel better tomorrow.

• Posted

I understand how you feel. I often feel so bad that I think I'm going to faint or have a seizure. I also worry that everyone knows there is something wrong with me. But, I think you should feel confident that those things will probably not happen and that ME/CFS is a benign condition. It doesn't tend to get worse and we often feel a lot worse than people susepct. We also feel a lot more tired than we look! 

Sorry you are feeling this way. Hope you were diagnosed by a good and knowdedgeable doctor. Good luck and try not to worry about dying. KPD

• Posted

Morning Ysaeen;    I/we do know the feelings that you are describing, as we have all started out with these similar feelings and worries.  I have been able to cope a Lot Better, after 1stly, realizing that this condition does exist (and it is Not in our heads), and then 2ndly, by doing some research for myself re this, and the other similar conditions.

?What I have found to really help me with the above symptoms that you are experiencing...(ie the fatigue, brain fog, and jelly legs); is to get the sleep/rest that is necessary.  In order to get these much needed benefits, I have been taking Melatonin supplements for over a year now; and find that this really does help enormously.  I discovered with my research that with these conditions, our brain is not producing any/enough Melatonin (a natural Hormone needed to provide us with the REM stage of sleep).  Hence by supplementing myself with the same, I get a relatively good night's sleep, and NO brain fog in the mornings.  This supplement can be bought over the counter from most pharmacies.  (I used to buy it on-line, but have found lately that this site has closed down: and am relying now on what I can buy from pharmacies)...There is also a Spray that is also beneficial, that I use just prior to lying down, and it also helps me greatly.

?For the "jelly-like legs", I wear TED stockings (also available from  pharmacies or Physiotherapists.....or saving them from when having been an in-patient in an hospital....they are used to prevent blood-clots....increase the blood circulation.)   We have not  told been told we have a Circulation Problem, but I have found that by using these stockings (or even using some Tubi-Grip...also available from Pharmacies and Physiotherapists); I do not get the jelly-like legs/arms and NO muscle spasms when lying down.   Supplementing with Magnesium tablets also is beneficial for ALL of our muscles.

?Do trial these supplements/therapies as described above, and I feel that you may find your sleep is Much improved.  (If you need further advice, contact me via your Private Messager..the Grey Envelope below your name)

?I do agree with others re the seeking of assistance from a Counsellor/therapist re your feelings of Bewilderment/stress, as this is also something that is common, and once we are able to talk re our feelings to someone who "really does understand CFS/ME/Fibromyalgia...or any illness/condtion" it helps us to "understand and accept ourselves".  Also, don't be afraid of "letting yourself down" if you do feel that a small anti-depressant would be of benefit, as we all go through this stage at first., and depending on what support we receive from those around us, how long these feelings last.  I take an anti-depressant on days that I am having a "down day".  I find that I don't need them Every day, but try and take something every 3rd or 5th day, to keep it in my system.  There are Natural anti-depressants, too, that many may feel more comfortable in taking.  Once again, research on your computer to what you feel would suit you best.: and of course, always talk re your feelings and needs to your Primary Care-giver. 

?Hoping that this has given you some direction?     Bronrazz

• Posted

These days happen, and when they do I no longer fight them. Combine being almost 82 and CFS and there is only one way to go!   Sofa, here I come!  Books and TV, here I come!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.