How google is making your anxiety 1000 times worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dr google...where do i start how google made me stressed,depressed and fueled my health anxiety and almost nearly made me lose my boyfriend. So out of no where came this sudden onset of health anxiety when i started university and constant reminders about how vital it is to get the meningitis jab so then i started googling things and i had diagnosed myself with all sorts when in reality there was nothing wrong with me and for the next 2 months i constantly googled i even prioritised google over my university work I drove myself into an oblivion thinking i had all these problems when i was fine then one day my boyfriend had always been understanding however I had drove him crazy constantly googling asking him things 24/7 and to nearly lose the one you love the most was a massive wake up call i stopped and realised im the one who has drove myself into this horrible depressed state all because of google which my doctor told me 95% of information is inccorect and how google has caused people to develop depression, mental health problems etc so if i have one bit of advice please please STOP googling it does nothing but cause unwanted stress,depression and makes anxiety 1000 times worse so to all people who suffer anxiety dont google ive gotten over my health anxiety and i am so much happier and content just by not googling, google is a misery maker and makes people with anxiety go insane so please i cant stress this enough as hard as it will be at first please do not google.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are preaching to a converted

Google may be making many here on site very unhappy as has been mentioned before

• Posted

Jade,

I could not agree with you more I developed depression about 2 years ago were I lost all feelings and I was constantly on the internet trying to figure out foods, exercises, and whatever else I could find to help fight depression.

Long story short the constant looking for miracle cures turned into anxiety and the worst of all insomnia because I could never shut off as I was always looking for ways to get myself better on the internet and always looking for reassurance from others. All the time I thought I was helping myself and I was only making myself worse and worse all the time.

The best thing you can do is stop obsessing on cures and just live your life and just learn to accept there is no miracle cure for anything and it all is within you to get yourself to where you need or want to be in your life.

• Posted

I couldnt agree more with you honestly it got to the point i was checking if every piece of my body "normal" eventhough everyone is different so no two people are the same, it even got to the point where I had burnt my tongue and it had burnt bits of the skin off and i googled it it brought up all kinds of horrible things it was stupid things like that that made me realise wow google is controlling my life when in reality im creating stress and depression that really isnt necessary smile

• Posted

It really is amazing how bad I got to the point you could almost call it an addiction..

I still struggle sometimes to keep myself from falling back into the same traps again and again as I've almost programmed my brain to continually looks for ways to cure my depression, anxiety and insomnia.

• Posted

I agree totally drive myself crazy googling stuff. Got to stop now.
    • Posted

Its not worth it i found it really hard at first but i feel so much better for myself now smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.