How I retarded my PSA going up rate

Posted , 5 users are following.

About eleven years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  I had radiation treatments and for four years my PSA went down every year.  The fifth year my PSA went up and the Doctors informed me that meant the cancer came back. 

In May, 2010 my PSA was 3.8 and it rose steadily to 15.1 in April, 2012 (a total increase of 297% and an average increase of 12.9% per month). 

In early 2012 I started taking the stuff listed below.  Between April, 2012 and January, 2014 my PSA went from 15.1 to 20.9 (a 36% total increase and an average increase of 1.7% per month).

From January, 2014 to August, 2016 my PSA went from 20.9 to 19.9. So over the last 2 ½ years my PSA has gone down and I couldn’t be happier about that. My cancer doctor told me that he would expect 99% of the folks with the same prostate cancer history as me to have PSAs over 100 by now.

In 2013 research was done that validates that taking broccoli, pomegranate, turmeric and green tea significantly retards the rate of PSA going up (all four of these are in my “Potion”.  See “New Study Reveals Four Nutrients that Lower PSA and Slow Cancer Progression”. 

So here's what I'm taking 6 days/week:

An 8 ounce glass of pomegranate juice

About 10 ounces of POTION

Recipe for Potion:

1/2 cup hot water put into blender

1/3 cup honey

1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds

1 Tablespoon ground chia seeds

1 ounce (liquid measure) Aloe leaf gel – about 6” section of aloe leaf, peeled

1-2 cups Broccoli sprouts (each sprouting tray is 5”x6”)

2 teaspoons (tsp.) green tea leaves

1/2 tsp. turmeric

1/4 tsp. celery seed

1/2 cup ice

Blend well.  Pour into glass and drink.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Glad its working for you Al. I am sure others could benefit.
  • Posted

Im drinking 8 oz of pomegranite juice daily. Im looking forward to my next PSA test, at the 6 month interval to see what happens. I begin my cancer treatment in January. My PSA hovers about 7 at age 74. My gleason is 6 and 7; will have 6 month hormone, brachytherapy and finally 6 weeks of daily EBRT.

Meanwhile, good luck to you in your future PSA tests.

• Posted

My PSA also jumped dramatically from 1.77 (June 2015) to 6.96 (Aug 2016). Almost 400% increase. My Uro put me on 30-day Cipro anti-biotics to rule out prostatitis. I'm halfway done with antibitics and will test PSA again in early Oct. Hopefully, it will come down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.