how is everyone feeling after GB removal ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am still having dull ache on my abdominal after 3 months i am just woundering why the feeling alway occuring to me ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get dull pains now and again in the area where the incisions were made but I only had mine out 2 weeks ago. You should go back to your doctor and ask even for your own peace of mind.
  • Posted

I still deal with muscles cramps/spasms in my back where I used to get pain when I had my gallbladder issues, and the occasional loose bm, but other than that, no major issues.

• Posted

Really nice to hear how others are getting on.

I had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

Still not able to eat very fatty things like hard cheese (which ofcourse I love )

without it causing stomach pain, but hoping to get back to it eventually.

Have been quite constipated and that has caused quite a bit of pain.

But this morning that is much better and I have managed to open my bowels.

Still as lot better than I was with the gallstones.

I think it does take a while.

Someone i was tallkling to the other day said his wife had gallbladder removed 2 years ago and only now is she back to a normal diet again

If you think about it you have had an operation and your body is adjusting to that as well as not having a gallbladder so it is bound to take time.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Have you experienced any bad heartburn or a dull pain in upper back after op? I hear these horror stories where people never recover from bad heartburn following the op and are on PPIs for life. I'm just hoping this bad heartburn and indigestion will subside
    • Posted

I had acid reflux before my surgery.

I still have it, but not nearly as bad, it's just certain foods that really set it off.

• Posted

After reading a lot of your replys, I guess I will try my best to keep my gallbladder.  I have been taking some Chinese pills called Lidan and they do seem to help.  One thing I really don't understand, and I know it is a matter of economics, that most doctors pretty much rush to yank your gallbladder out.  But why don't they come up with something to just eradicate them, the stones.  There used to be a procedure to do that, but not now.  Seems to me, if someone did this, he/she would certainly have enough people wanting that, that it would pay off.
  • Posted

Hi everyone

I just had my gall bladder removed 10 days ago and I feel so bloated and tummy feels so sore!

Sleeping has been a nightmare of getting into the right position!

I'm looking to get back to work next week

Did any of you have problems with clothes? My stomach is so bloated - I hope it does go down!

I guess it will have to be leggings as trousers just don't fit! Boo hoo!

• Posted

My brother had a gallbladder removal two weeks ago, he is also complaining of bloatedness and looks like 3 months pregnant. I hope your condition has improved now.
  • Posted

I just had my GB removed the day before Thanksgiving (definitely wasn't a fun holiday!!!) And in comparison to how i was feeling before... it is somewhat of an improvement. . But not what i expected. .. overall I lost 30lbs through the pain and agony of it all... they tortured me by putting a drain in for 2+ weeks which i think did more damage then good because the rib pain i feel is even more painful and consistent. ..and the heartburn... ugh.. its just absolutely UNBEARABLE.. i literally feel like I'm swallowing over chunks sometimes , if not often!! Does anyone else get this feeling at all?? Im not sure if it's normal heartburn or something more severe. . Nothing seems to help it at the moment. . And it goes from coming in fluxes to sticking around for quite awhile...i thought i was recovering for a short bit, but ended up back in urgent care with some other complications as well...and definitely deel like i get some pains in some of the surgery sites on occasion. 1 weird thing is on occasio. When i yawn hard or cough... feels like my whole chest seizes up painfully. ... like my esphogas (sp!) Squeezes so painfully...Really crazy. .

Hopefully its just small bumps in the road.. i hear GB removal is definitely 1 surgery that seems to take a bit to recover from.. but i mean cmon!! A month +?? We all have lives to live here!!

❤ Casey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.