How long after stopping do the side effects last

Posted , 4 users are following.

for over two months I have been reducing from 150 mg to a quarter of 75 mg every other day, last week I stopped completely and I'm now on day four without this awful med but still getting lots of brain zaps, every minute or so, and feeling nauseous. Would appreciate any comments as to when all this will cease, many thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You need to reinstate the last dose that had you stable. My pills open and have 6 little pills in each one is 12.5mg. I intend to remove one of the little pills each month and then even use a pill cutter to half the 12.5
    • Posted

Thanks Anne but there's no way I will go backwards taking ven, I will persist for as long as it takes for the brain zaps/ nausea to stop. X

• Posted

Only problem is your brain has got used to the Ven and it needs to be tapered really slow. I've had a full year of chronic depression due to coming off too quick and I wish I'd reinstated it and then gone slowly xx

• Posted

Hi

I've been off it for 3 weeks now. Went from 225mg to nil and have been on it for 6 years. I've still got the zaps but not as bad now but full of rage every few days or so. If you can stick it out then keep going, it does get better in time. Try taking 5HTP it helps a lot with the zapping and helps you sleep.

I've posted a few times in the last few weeks so have a look at what's helped me.

There's no way I'd go back on it. Not ever.

Liz

• Posted

Hi Liz what is 5HTP, I've been taking Omega3 and multi vitamins whilst slowing down. X

• Posted

It's a supplement that I'd read about and bought off Amazon. It helps the production of serotonin and helps the brain kind of reprogramme itself so helps the zapping. I got the 500mg high strength tabs and took 2 at night. It definitely helps cos I stopped it for a few days and the zaps came back and when I restarted it they stopped again. It also produces melatonin (I think?) The one that helps you sleep.

It's worth a try.

Liz

• Posted

I also take omega 3, a vitamin B complex, vitamins and minerals, st johns wart and benylin which helps with the nausea and itching (if you get itching that is).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.