How long before Prednisoline kicks in?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I posted the other day that I have been given 3 days worth of Prednisolene tablets ( 8 x 5mg) to be taken once a day for 3 days.  I am on day 2 and don't feel any different.  

Is this usual?  How long does it usually take to feel any change in condition or does it vary from individual to individual?  Just a little concerned that if it's not working then something else could be wrong.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It depends on the individual if you don't feel any better after you course go back to you dr, I'm on my 2nd day of pred and still needing ventolin often . I  have adult on set asthma told Dec 2015 at the age of 51 so pretty hard to get use to it , you may need another course but it's nothing to worry about  you can phone a asthma uk nurse mon-fri they will answer all your concerns hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

Thank you Lyngal.  The Doctor saw me last Tuesday and made an appointment to see him again Monday Lunchtime.   I do hope things improve for you soon as well. xx
    • Posted

Hi hope your feeling better and it went ok at the Drs xx
    • Posted

Hi.  Saw GP yesterday.  Chest is fine apparently.  I still feel a wheeze in my throat but he said everything is perfectly clear.  He did however say that he heard a slight possible murmur when he listened to my heart.  Something to do with blood flow and noise?  He said he'd like me to have an ECG just to be sure but he's not concerned.  Just wants to dot I's and cross T's.  He said people can live with these for years and it's not urgent.  Well I'm surprised I didn't go through the roof.  To be honest though I've felt so awful for such a long time now that in a way I'm ready to get myself through this.  He did say he didn't even want to tell me about it as it so insignifigant and doesn't want me to worry.  This could explain the breathlessness I suppose.  I just hope it's not too sinister.  Thank you for yur support Lyngal.  I hope you are feeling  a bit better? x

• Posted

It's a pleasure glad your feeling better,  I'm not too bad pred has started to kick in 👍🏻and just to let you know I was born with a heart murmur and it has never affected me xxxx

• Posted

Hi it may take all three doses to kick in stick with it and use your ventolin as well if you still think it's not working go back to your doc sooner than later to let him/her check.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.