how long did it take after your accident did you get a frozen shoulder.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was wondering how long after your accident did you get your frozen shoulder as all my medical notes have been changed. how long after a accident dose it take for a frozen shoulder to happen.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I cant exactly pinpoint an accident.  I think it might be from repetitive motion. It hasnt reached the stage yet where the capsule has stiffened.  It is inflamed.  
  • Posted

Hi. I fell & injured my shoulder in late Jan 2016. Whilst I did have some pain in the top of my arm I assumed that it was muscular & would heal itself. Stupid!! The pain carried on & was mild, then in early April I started noticing that my movement was becoming restricted. Spent about 4 weeks visiting a physio before he diagnosed it as a frozen shoulder

• Posted

It sounds like the same thing happen to me but it only took about a week when my frozen shoulder froze and the doctor had released me for work after I had the accident and a week or two I was back in his office telling him I think I had a frozen shoulder, Ha looking back on records I got from him of course it's all been changed but that's another story thankyou for your reply hope you have a lovely day oh I had my frozen shoulder in 2008 any everything is going great in the shoulder know hope your shoulder get's better soon too.

• Posted

Hi Rose 

Mine started with a small pain in my shoulder this lasted a day and went away, 1 month later I injured my neck fixed that problem with physo but had this little pain in my shoulder still had full movment at this stage about 2 weeks later the freezing started that was 5months ago. 

cheers

• Posted

Hi Rose, Frozen shoulders are not caused by trauma. They are caused by a genetic trait. Only one in five diagnosed with FS have it.
    • Posted

Hi Frozen Stiff, I'm sorry but FS can be caused by trauma, my FS was due to trauma which ended in a torn rotator cuff and then FS because of the injury.

• Posted

What a genetic trait gee I know a lot of people  that have the same genetic trait aren't we lucky never heard that before we must be going to the wrong quacks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.