How long did it take you to recover from VA and how did you do it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I am looking for positive responses from women who have recovered from VA, how long it took and how you did it.

Desperately seeking positive responses and ways to overcome VA.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thank you for starting this thread !

I had VA ten years ago when my ovaries failed suddenly and permanently at 42. It responded to Estrogel but took a few months.

I was fine for ten years on Estrogel. It resurfaced this year when I switched to Tibolone. ( I have never had success with oral HRT.) Am back on Estrogel now but am still struggling to be comfortable.

• Posted

Catherine, I just finished responding to your message, but for some reason its not sending. I will keep trying . Hang in there . 😊

• Posted

Three years of pain and suffering bladder infections anabiotic's days down the only thing that worked for me was the Mona Lisa treatment I'm grateful every day that it did work I'm ready to have another one this year and one each year after that

For me the vaginal them and all the Premarin coconut oil etc. etc. just didn't work… Vicodin was my best friend good luck to all of you it's a horrible painful condition

• Posted

Norco is my best friend these days, terrified I will next be a drug addict

• Posted

I recently had estrogen/testosterone pellets implanted and upped my thyroid meds. My pelvic floor, bladder and VA are completely in remission. I feel like a new person "down there". I have had surgery, physical therapy, TENS unit, tons of pain meds and all kinds of creams. I thought I was just always going to hurt and have no sex life. My husband was wonderful, but I had to try this one last thing. Very glad I did.

• Posted

That is wonderful to hear.

What are the estrogen/ testosterone pellets? Had you tried other HRT ? And by how much did you raise your thyroid medication and on what basis? (I am also a thyroid patient with VA - I realise you must have had labwork; my question is which value prompted you to increase your thyroxine)

It is so good to hear that VA can be overcome - thank you for sharing this.

• Posted

They are the bioTE pellets. They did bloodwork and adjusted the dosage appropriately. I was taking Armour 90mg and he changed it to 113.75 mg of Nature-throid and 12.5 mg of iodine plus DIM supplement. It took about 2 months to kick in. I had been on Premarin and then Climara patches since age 32-I am now 61 (total hysterectomy at 32). I had TV mesh, Botox in the bladder and pelvic floor, etc. had mesh removed and was incontinent. These adjustments to my meds have made my pelvic area an afterthought. I am very happy. Simple lab work is all you need. My testosterone was at 4!!!!!!! Nonexistent! So that has made a difference.
    • Posted

Thank you for sharing that ! Congratulations on being symptom-free, that is wonderful
    • Posted

You are welcome. I have suffered greatly and almost gave up, but I did that one last thing and was blessed that it worked. Much luck and big hugs!
    • Posted

I wonder if there is a thyroid connection? I too have thyroid problems.
    • Posted

what kind of doctor did all this? What country are you in? I have not even heard of the pellets and I have spent hours trying to find a way back to my old pain free life

• Posted

thank you for your success story. It is so hard to find a way to get through each day right now
    • Posted

Yes there definitely is. The very first time I had any of these symptoms was when my thyroid was removed and I was in the UK and in his wisdom, the endocrinologist I saw on the NHS didnt see fit to put me on thyroid replacement. I suffered for a year with cystitis symptoms (the thyroid regulates everything in the body, including ovaries) until I moved country and my new doctor put me on correct thyroid replacement pills. All was well until I went into premature menopause 12 years later.

If your thyroid hormones are not at the correct levels, your tissues will not absorb estrogen correctly.

• Posted

Thank you for your good wishes and for sharing your experience
    • Posted

I am only seeing an ENT for my thyroid, I have multinodular goiter. Which they di biopsies on and are supposed to be checking every six months but the doctor has actually canceled my last three appts. I rescheduled the first two times the last time I said forget it
    • Posted

Donna I do recommend that you consult an endocrinologist. Try to find a reproductive endocrinologist so that who is well versed in how the thyroid affects estrogen uptake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.