How long did your throat pain last after endoscopy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's been almost 4 days since mine and it seems like it is getting worse and more sharp. Warm water and honey, throat drops, salt and water, nothing is working. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! -S

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had very little discomfort, none beyond the day of the procedure. I'd say you should get that checked out by a professional, specially if it's getting worse. Good luck!

• Posted

I Agree. It started as a cough the day Of. Then sore. Then more sore. Now it's like raw and irritated like I've swallowed glass. I have an appt. on Monday. Hopefully I can get through the weekend or it gets better. Thanks!

• Posted

OK. I experienced NO throat pain after the procedure, so I would say that maybe a mild infection has set in, as a result of the endoscope being moved down the throat. You should definitely consult with your doctor, & get a swab taken to determine, if you have a bacterial or viral infection in your throat. Of course, you may have been harbouring a cold virus, on the day of your endoscopy. It takes 3 days for the symptoms of a cold to show, so maybe this is just a co-incidence and you have a sore throat caused by the common cold.

• Posted

Hi Shan! What you've experienced is what I'm going through right now sad May I please ask what did you do to ease the pain? And how long did your sore throat last?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.