How long do flare ups last

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm coming into my fourth week and their seems no end to it, still have neasea and tummy twinges which come and go through what feels like everyday, it gets you down

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going on my sixth week and still experiencing soreness in waistline from left to right. The longer I'm on my feet the worse it gets. Good luck

• Posted

Hi, I wish I knew, I first started in November I just woke up in terrible pain my wife call an ambulance since then I have been in hospital 3 times with severe pains and bleeding, I started with a flare again last Thursday Dr put me on antibiotics, I have a bad pain but despite taking the antibiotics and paracetamol the pain is not easing and not feeling much better. I have been on little food since and trying to drink as much as I can. I have bad tummy feeling very weak and feeling really rough and its getting really down.

I go to the hospital tomorrow to see the Dr fingers crossed he may be able to help as this diverticulitis is taking over my life.

To all of you whot have corresponded with me Thanks a million you have been a big helping me to try and understand this Divertic. 

• Posted

Yes mine seems to run from left to right side. Not excruciating pain but constant soreness. I've only had the one flare up 6 weeks ago. Put me on two weeks antibiotics. I've been to Dr twice since and they press on my stomach and since it's not killing me when he presses he says everything is normal. This is not normal.....

• Posted

I also have diverticula disease. I wanted to ask if anyone gets stomach  cramps without having an infection?
  • Posted

I had one more question sorry, when everyone says they are having a flare up, do they mean they have an infection?
    • Posted

Hi i had the same proble unstanding what a flare was and i  only just understood what it ment and the answer is yes its an infection, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.