how long does it take for the tablets to kick in?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone ?

I've been on orlistat around five days and I'm curious as to when they kick in. I have always had a really great diet as I'm diabetic but have started these tablets due to weight gained when pregnant. I weigh around 14st and I'm 5ft 7 so need to lose around three stone. So far I've had no side affects at all and worried that this isn't normal as I was expecting something at least. I've even eaten a fatty meal with no issues. Has anyone else had this kind of reaction?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Check the packaging I think there something in there about diabetes not 100% sure. It's been your body is happy with what you eat. You will lose weight just give it time. Well done so far

• Posted

Thanks for the reply,

I saw the advice for diabetics thanks ?. Because I have such a good grasp on my blood sugars and I'm diet controlled my gp was happy to go with orlistat. I just thought it a bit odd that I've had no side affects as being diabetic slot of the foods I eat are a little high in fats (the food fats though like nuts etc) and I think I was expecting something more than the odd tummy cramps. I do hope his works though as I'm at a loss with what to do if it doesn't, I'm extremely active with small children, two dogs and a horse with a good diet so I just don't understand it. How Hove you found it so far? Sam

• Posted

Hi

Not had any cramps just lots of gurling noises lol! Learnt not to eat M&S cheese and bacon sausage roll again that was fun after a couple of hours lol!! Part from that been okay. I have a lot of air after some things I've eaten but as a whole been okay

• Posted

Oh dear lol at least you know it's working. I get the noises and tummy aches although I always had tummy aches before too. How long have you been taking them?

• Posted

Since 10th July not long really. It's interesting but same time like really!! X

• Posted

It took a few days to start to work on me lol don't worry they will work good luck x

• Posted

Really? I've been on them around two weeks and haven't seen any progress. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong I'm really active and eat around 1200-1400 calories a day depending on the amount of exercise I do. I even tested the tablets last week and ate a Chinese with no problems so I'm a bit confused. How have you done so far?

• Posted

It's so frustrating when your working so hard isn't it? I guess it just doesn't work for some people. I was doing so we'll without it u till February when my weight loss just stopped and my gp thought this might help but obviously it's not for some people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.