how long does lansoprazole take to work?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been taking lansoprazole for 10 weeks, 30mg a day,and still get

some reflux and heartburn every day.Have given up coffee and reduced

my wine intake.

Side effects have been minimal. Some wind which I have stopped by not

drinking with meals but worried about the osteoporosis risk. Dr says to

take for 2 more weeks then see what happens. Then an endoscopy.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have u had any luck that medicen (lanzaprozol) just isn't working any more
  • Posted

Lansoprazole should work straight away, side affect are down to the individual, in my case I was taking the drug for a while before my problems started.

Your doctor 'may' advise you up your dosage to 2 times a day to combat acid reflux ask his/her advise.

• Posted

My dad suffered from it all his life think I've inherited it I'm 32 had it since I was 16 bin on lanzaprozol stopped working now on 40mg of omzporol if thats how u spell it lol I no I'm gona have to take these for the rest of my life which is a pain.
    • Posted

The thing to remember I suppose is the prevention, or protection against throat cancerbarrett's oesophagus.

As well of course the direct problems of acid reflux, but the taking of Omeprazole or in my case ranitidine is a small price to pay for peace of mind..

• Posted

Why are you exactly taking them? What is your condition? Di you get any sides from taking them, in these years?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.