How long does neuropathy take to develop ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wasn't eating enough for a period of about 4 months and over exercising. I think that made my neuropathy form. However, neuropathy caused by nutrition deficiencies takes a good while to form. How long does it usually take to develop? (I've also had sciatica in my right leg for 2 years prior to this so maybe it could have some connection to this) ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mine took a year to developed into small fibre neurophathy with not been

Able to feel heat in my body my hands gone numb same with feet toes I can't feel my feet at all

• Posted

Hi Mia,

Get your spine checked, an mri scan will show any herniated discs which can cause so many problems right down your legs and feet. You don't need to have had any major accident to damage your discs. Your sciatica indicates disc damage. A small trauma can then increase the damage to an extent where your nerves start screaming.

If the problem is herniated discs there is a lot that can be done.

Good luck,

Rebecca

• Posted

I had an MRI and there wasn't much to show. My lower disk was a bit deformed but it wasn't something serious. ... so like idk what it could be. I feel like dying honestly

• Posted

Hi Mia,

Keep talking to the doctors. Be sure to tell them how desperate you are feeling. Have you recently started new medication? Unfortunately a side effect of some drugs used can be to increase dark and desperate thoughts. There is no shame in telling your doctors how you feel. Tell your parents if you can, or a trusted friend. You need help with the emotionally well as the physical trauma that you are suffering. Hold on. Things will get better.

Good luck,

Rebecca

• Posted

Hello there I'm new to the site, I've been prescribed amatriptyline 10mg for a burning/numbing/ disabling pain in both my feet I've had lots of blood tests an X-ray plus recently a nerve conduction test, for a possible tarsal tunnel diagnosis, witch I am awaiting results, The pain is worse when I'm at work placing pressure on my feet!! It's almost disabling very scary!! I'm scared I won't be able to work anymore! And these tablets are not exactly making me feel great! I'm worried for my future, and not sure weather to carry on with the amitriptyline or not. Will it be a cure or just a pain reliever!!! So Will I end up on it forever, if no cure is found for my burning feet, would like to talk to someone who has same problems?! Thank you :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.