How long should I wait before taking another Bisoprolol 10mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I take 10mg Bisoprolol daily. I have a really bad sleeping pattern which I am working on and trying to fix but I slept all day yesterday and didn't have my tablet until 17:00. So I'm wondering what time I would be okay to have it today. So what is the amount of time I have to wait before it is okay to have another one?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I am also on 10mg a day, I take 5mg in the morning and 5mg in the evenng. You don't say when you take it but I presume it's morning and evening. I would just give the doc a ring, if you have telephone appointments, and ask them. I don't think it would do any harm if you just took half of the dose in the evening, I don't think I would like to take the whole 10mg all at once but I don't know what you are used to. Perhaps try to set the alarm clock and get up at a reasonable time in the morning. I don't sleep too well either but you can always have a doze in the day. Get out and have a walk, I find that I sleep much better with some fresh air inside me. Don't worry too much if this is only a one off. Cheers. 
    • Posted

Hi,  I am having trouble sleeping lately due to vivid dreams and nightmares and then realised that it started after I started my bisopropol. I checked the information leaflet to discover that it is a rare but known side effect for some users.  I am at present waiting for a call from my GP who is researching another treatment for me as I am due to have an operation and they don't want me to change tablets so soon before the op.  I can't wait.  Just thought I would mention it. 
  • Posted

When I thought I had taken my dosage of bisop. twice (due to interrupting phone call)

I called nhs line on 111 and they advised me.

It was late at night and they advised me to go to A&E where I was given an ECG within 30 mins of registering.

All ok but safe rather than sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.