How long to wait for results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I have had an endoscopy 3 weeks ago today and am getting impatient for the results. How long did you all wait and how did you find out (letter, face to face, phone call)?

Thanks for your help x

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello Megan

I was only diagnosed last month in the end after a huge issue with getting results!

I was told to phone Drs after 3 weeks I think which I did and they told me all my tests were fine however about a further week or so later I get a letter from hospital telling me I am positive and would be referred to dietician (haven't heard anything yet and like I say that's over a month ago now)

I discussed this with my dr and he said hospital shouldn't have told me that.

If you've got a good Drs it might be worth putting a call in to ask but be careful how you word your request HAVE YOU GOT MY BIOPSY RESULTS? Don't ask have my tests comeback!

Basically my dr got an exact copy of my letter sent to him at same time! I am in Norfolk obviously different areas will perhaps work differently!

Good luck with everything!

• Posted

I left a message with the gastroenterologists secretary on Friday but they never phoned back, they don't work Monday's either.

Was that your GP that told you it was all fine. I'm thinking of phoning them today.

It's difficult, obviously I'm impatient but I don't want to be too impatient. My fiance keeps just telling me to wait!

Thanks for your help x

• Posted

I have just phoned the GP and the receptionist couldn't open the results but is getting the Dr to call me. Guessing they found something, receptionists can usually tell you if there is nothing found. One step closer to knowing xx
    • Posted

I just rang mine too! Receptionist couldn't open mine either and had to get a GP to look at them and call me he just rang and they were all normal smile so doesn't necessarily mean they're bad news smile receptionists aren't trained to read results hope all is okay smile x
    • Posted

I think they have forgotten me today. Another call will be made to them tomorrow!

Glad your results were normal by the way 😊 bet your really happy xx

• Posted

Thanks,

Just spoke to the GP who said they didn't have biopsy results, only the initial ones which I got on the summary after the endoscopy. But they are chasing them up and if they don't call me by tomorrow I am to call them back! Grr it's so frustrating!!

Do they have any idea what is going on wit you now clarejo? What symptoms were you getting?

X

• Posted

**update**

Just called and spoke to the consultants secretary who said the biopsies were consistent with coeliac disease and the consultant will be in touch with what the plan is next.

Not sure how I feel now I know.

Thanks for all your help xx

• Posted

At least you're finally getting your answers and can cut gluten out and be all good again! smile not a clue he's put me on low dose antidepressants to sort the pain from the inflammation out and still stuck on the b12,iron and folate, been referred for a barium xray and capsule endoscopy now to check if there crohns where they couldn't reach certsin places during the endoscopy/colonoscopy think my doctors leaning towards crohns at the start of the small intestines xx
    • Posted

That's all a bit pants for you, having to go through all of that. My dad has crohns and most of the time he is ok, sometimes on meds, but at least there is things they can do, medicine can be very good these days.

I am kind of relieved to have a diagnosis, but I'll never have a doughnut again 😭

Good luck with everything and let me know how it all goes! Hope you're feeling better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.