How long to wait for reversal

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had my vas in Jan of this year and have been in pain since week 2. The pain in my balls has subsided but where I was cut is still sore on both sides. The main pain is in my groin high where the hip meets. I can still do most things, sex is not painful so don't think it is congestion. After four months of this though my anxiety levels are rising. Do I wait longer or pull the trinket now and opt for a redo? Does a redo help if not due to congestion? I am assuming I have scar tissue causing referred pain

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You may want to ask Dr / Urologist about possibility of Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome. If it is this then a reversal may only offer a chance of reducing pain levels.

After 3 years of hell after vasectomy I opted for epidydectomy rather than reversal to try and help...it made things worse.

If your in the Uk then the NHS will not do the reversal for you and you will have to go private with a cost between £2k & £3K

• Posted

I've been told it is due to scar tissue and not problems with my epi. I'm still hopeful of recovery but I have plateaued over the last six weeks. I have researched Andrew Dawson in Hartlepool and had a chat with him over the phone. He has reversed over a 100 pvp sufferers with good success rates
    • Posted

PVP is neural as well so not just epididymus.

PVP is cyclic so it can hit hard, die back and hit again.

Hope the reversal does help, the best person to answer how long after vasectomy before reversal would be Dawson.

Stats are only good as long as your on the bulk side...for example if you believe NHS then 90% of vasectomy go fine....which is great....as long as you fall in the 90% and not the 10%.

Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.