How long will this killer throat last?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Doc thought I had acute tonsillitis last week so put me on antibiotics but I just got worse and now my throat is mega swollen and totally covered in white (not patches or dots, all over!). When the doc looked down my throat today she said "oooh, that's glandular fever if ever I saw it". Then went on tell me all about how we couldn't cure it, I just have to ride it out. The only answer I want at this point is how long this agonizing sore throat will last. It woke me at 2am last night with pain that would shame a root canal. Anyone got any experience?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try virgin organic coconut oil. You can take right out of the jar. I'm taking 4 TBS a day for mono. It is helping some. Hang in there!

• Posted

Yes I have. It will go when your body manages to fight it off. The time can be variable I am afraid. You may well be quite run down. You can gargle with soluble aspirin for the pain. It does help. Try boosting your immune system with some good multi vitamins like Berroca soluble tabs. Some people have also taken echinacea tabs (from health food shops) for a month or so. Get plenty of rest, cut out clubbing or anything which makes you more tired than usual. Stress also can prolong things.
  • Posted

Try 1 TBS apple cider vinegar and 1 TBS honey in a mug of very hot water. Do this a few times a day.  This will help and definately eat several TBS's of virgin organic coconut oil a day. Hang in there!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.