How many hours should I wait after last dose of heroin? Before taking subtext?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm so scared I'm going to take them too early and go into full w/ds! I'm getting so confused by different answers I keep reading! Some say eight hours and some say at least 24 aaaaarrrrggggg help me cos it's stopping me from coming off that horrible drug!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

WITHDRAWAL IS TO WAIT UNTIL OPIOID WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS START, AS THIS TYPICALLY MEANS THE DRUG HAS MOSTLY LEFT YOUR BLOODSTREAM.

Morphine: 8-12 hours

Heroin: 12-24 hours 

Oxycodone and hydrocodone: 12-24 hours

Oxymorphone: 24-30 hours

Methadone: 36 hours to a week

• Posted

Hi nikeyc

its generally 72hrs or until withdrawal starts .... starting too soon may interact dangerously with the heroin and cause bad side effects 

in treatment centers they will differ .. some may say 48hrs and some even 96hrs .. it all depends on the amount of heroin you have been using and for how long .... for example if you have been on it for 10 years or more than it may differ then if you have been taking it for less 

but as a rule of thumb as soon as you start feeling bad and cramps ect start to happen then you should be good to go on the subutex ...

hope this helps 

• Posted

If you can contact you care giver. To be on the safe side. So proud of you for taking this life changing step.

keep posting🙏🏽

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.