How much drinking is a serious problem?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Cards on the table I drink four can's of larger every evening. I do not ever drink  or smoke during the day. I drink two 9 vol cans and two 6 vol cans each evening. Plus Lithium 1200mg/Sodium Valporate 800mg + Statins 20mg/400mg Is this a problem?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know anything about the prescriptions you mention.

But, I don't think drinking 4 cans of anything every night is a real bad problem...but it isn't really that healthy...maybe you could cut it down to only a few times a week?

I don't think mixing the drink with the drugs can be good for you...so yes, I think you have a problem...and you came to the right place...everyone in UK is sleeping right now...so you will hear more opinions tommorow.

• Posted

Whatever it is, if you just keep it to a social level then the drinking habit won't pose as a problem. Just my opinion though.

• Posted

Some people get overcome by the power of alcohol and it hijacks a part of the brain that can compel them to drink against their conscious will, against reason, against logic.

Your not doing it to cause problems for you, you just can't overcome the powerful compusion.  The brain is trained to crave alcohol. This is very, very common with people that have Alcohol Use Disorder.

Try to cut down evening drinks two days see how it goes.

then try cutting down until you don't think about it or any triggers for alcohol are involved. . 

• Posted

Just curious there are many reasons for taking lithium sometimes it's RX'd for AUD. Valproate for seizures. Statins uaually for cholesterol. Of course I have no idea why these are prescribes for you. Mr Hope takes a couple and I am very familiar with them.

If your having seizures or taking lithium for any reason alcohol with these meds has serious side effects. Since you mentioned the meds you take I wanted to address it for your medical safety.

You knew this anyway right?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.