How much longer till the pain goes altogether?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

I had an open myomectomy with a vertical midline incision 9, nearly 10 weeks ago. I had 7 fibroids removed and there are multiple 'seedlings' remaining. The biggest was 18cm so i am very glad that whopper has gone!

Although i am much better than i was 8 weeks ago i still find i have constant discomfort around my scar and if i sit for 2 hours or more i get sharp stinging burning pains across my abdomen. The pains move around, not just one spot.

I am wondering how long it takes for all the pain and discomfort to go??

I have to go on Mandatory training for work on Saturday n i dreading it!! But gotta start the process so i can hopefully return to work next month or thereabouts.

Thanks for ur assistance n reassurance ladies😊

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hmmm I do remember pain in my scar at first but pretty sure it wasnt painful at 8 weeks post op. Do you feek ok generally? Could it be an infection?

Ecery so often now I get pain in my scar and sometimes the whole scar area just spasms which is very painful but I reckon that's the scar tissue.

Hope it eases sion

J

• Posted

Hi J

Yea i feel ok generally. Been having a row with my GP over sick notes so i went to see him yesterday. He doesnt feel i have an infection. Gave me a note for 3 weeks at my request. I am a temporary worker n my job can involve heavy lifting(patients!) so i gotta feel able n ready to do a days work.

I guess i gotta be patient but i am getting frustrated now.

Thanks J

• Posted

Hi I also had myomectomy via laparotomy vertical incision , please be reassured I had same sort of pain tearing ripping on mobilisation I was so worried and thought it would never go I frightened myself by looking it up on internet and thinking it must be permanent nerve damage adhesions etc, however 12 weeks post op it all settled down and I feel fine now I hope this is of some help to you
    • Posted

Thanks Alex. Haha i have been wondering about adhesions.
  • Posted

I am 13 days out from my open myomectomy surgery (surget was apriln1st) I am very mobile, my follow up is on Wednesday. I get a LOT of pressure down there wen up walking around and im still asking for advice about post op/symptoms, how I should be feeling, all that stuff. I had fibroids and endometriosis removed. What was supposed to be an hysteroscopy ended up being an open myomectomy, 6inch "bikini line".

Idk wat advice I'm supposed to give, but this is what I'm going through.

• Posted

Hi,

hang in there its still very early days in the healing process for you. Things will get better but maybe not as quick as we like it too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.