how much will i loose

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello. i am 170cm and weigh 70kg. how much will i loose if i do not eat for 3 days and burn 600 cal a day? thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey!

You will end up gaining more weight then losing unfortunately... If you don't eat, it will deprive your body and then as a response to the starvation, it will store any possible fat and calories it can get its hands on. It will slow your metabolism, which means that the next time you try and eat well or exercise, you will see very little result and you'll be super frustrated... 

I get what you're going through but believe me in the long run, it so not worth it... If you're trying to lose weight for a special occasion or something, eat soups and eggs for protein and drink so much water! I promise to you you'll have a flat stomach after 3 days of that! It gives your body enough energy and it deflates you so well! Just stay away from carbs (torture I know). 

YOU CAN DO IT THOUGH!! You have to build a lifestyle and boost your metabolism not use short diets that dont work! You got this girl, and btw if youre 170cm and weight 70kg, thats a great, healthy weight! Lots of girls would be happy to weight what you weight smile

• Posted

Hi Danielle. I have to agree. I have suffered with anorexia for over half my life and one of the biggest challenges I am experiencing now I am really properly in recovery and doing very well is that my metabolism has suffered so badly and I'm ironically having to be guarded so I don't gain weight (I'm monitored regularly by a dietitian). Starvation just causes water loss in the first instance so you'll see the scales go down quickly if you starve for three whole days. Because your body then goes into fight or flight you are very likely to start bingeing because of the energy deprivation which as has been said means weight gain is likely.

You should eat regularly throughout the day and think about portion sizes. Do you balance your meals appropriately? Skimping on carbs leads to snacking, and you need fats and proteins. You can reduce portions slightly if you are trying to lose weight but still apply the same logic.

Top tip is to have breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day and is proven to keep weight low.

Find some form of exercise you enjoy. There's no point in sweating it out in the gym if you hate it. I do athletics and yoga. Yoga and Pilates can really help with toning the parts you feel more insecure about

Like your stomach (!!) noooo not your stomach. Your stomach is located just below your heart on the left of your body. You mean flat intestines which we call the tummy and is incorrectly called the stomach.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks smile the reason for the starving is that i have an event on saterday. I do not mind gaining the weight back after the event- i can then slowly work on weightloss. I just wanted to loose weight quickly before the event

• Posted

The thing is, you won't lose weight. The reason why people "lose weight" quickly on the first few days of a restrictive diet is because it is fluid. All you are losing is water. So whilst for your event the number on the scales may decrease you won't have lost weight. It's an unrealistic goal.

• Posted

Hey!

I have to agree with everyone else on this too, I've had a lot of experience with starvation and weight loss and even though it eventually does force your body to shed lbs if you extend the calorie deficiet long enough, the result isn't a nice body. Its a body with loose skin, fragile bones, a wrecked metabolism, dry skin, bad hair/nails, organ problems, and many many more issues. Unless you're losing weight for medical reasons, I'd focus more on the mirror than the scale, which is best done by eating healthy (aka ENOUGH) and exercising (but NOT overexercising). This is so much more enjoyable and results in a great body if thats what your end goal is!! Remember, balance is key smile good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.