How's everyone getting on an feeling ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wondering how everyone is feeling ? It's been awhile since I posted ? It's been 11 an half weeks been on Flouxitine 20mg an feeling better than I was xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello, have you felt like you wanted to increase? Are side effects gone?
    • Posted

Hi , no I was to scared to increase an refused to when the doctor said , only because of the side effects was that bad when first starting , an now am glad I never coz am feeling a lot better still on the 20 mg
    • Posted

Hi jane.

I've just started taking fluoxetine and I'm considering stopping. The side effects are just awful, I have a constant feeling of fear, dread and dispear.

Glad to hear to your feeling alot better.

• Posted

Hi rudy how long have you been on them I no the begging is horrendous. But if you can just hold on an try an stick them out you will feel better maybe go the doctors an see if he can give you a carmer short term till they kick in , I feel for you an hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Hi jayne.

I've been on them nearly a week now, I'm back at the gps next week.

• Posted

I have hit a crossroads last few days and not sure what to do now. I have now been on flouxitine dead on a month.

?After reading the stuff on here I thought I would stick with it after feeling initially worse than when I started. I have lost 10LB in weight, so some good has come out of it, I normally love my food, too much. I am quite a tough little devil normallysmile?, and will usually keep moving rather than curl up in a ball. But for the first time in years I find I am doing the bare minimum of everything. I get back from work and put my hot blanket on the bed and just get under the sheets, I just feel so empty at the moment and I am having what I can only describle as a small panic attack in the early hours where I think really sad thoughts and do not know where to go from here onwards.

?I am just getting my seconds months supply of capsules, maybe it is still early days, I might might see the doctor and sit it out a little while longer, but I can not go on like this much longer.

• Posted

John I was exactly the same I was going to stop , couldn't even go to work was that bad it will get easier 4 weeks is still early but it won't be long before you turn a corner , feel well soon x

• Posted

Let's BOTH stick to it, John! smile I've increased from starting on 10mg to today, 2 months later, am starting on 30mg. No, I can't say I am noticing much of a difference...maybe less depressed but the last few days my anxiety has been through the roof. I hear from some that is 'common' and that sometimes it takes 4 months to really start getting the benefits... I've been a 'quitter' too often, and want to give this Prozac a good shot. Good luck to you!!

• Posted

Hi

I'm in my 3 week now. I think I'm ok. I'm a little more anxious in the night. But definitely feeling better in the daytime. My head is cotton woolly. I feel a bit detached but I'm hoping that will pass. It's early days I'm guessing for me.

• Posted

Hi Jayne - been a while since I checked in too. 20mg day 35 and feeling better. But have a lot of other health stuff going on so truthfully haven't been thinking much about the flu. Glad to hear you feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.