How to get back to reality?

Posted , 158 users are following.

Sorry again, but I find myself constantly worrying about weird weird stuff. Very detached from reality feeling. I hate it, it's a disgusting feeling I can't seem to snap out of it because that makes me feel like I'm mentally ill and insane. I find it difficult because I know we do this all to ourselves but I just can't seem to stop because it makes me feel terrible. I don't even feel like me sometimes, my feelings are different and just not how I used to feel (that I can remember) it's so bad because I feel like I'm ruining my family's Christmas sad gosh someone please help :'( I feel like I've drove myself into a big deep hole I get a weird thought that when I try to be normal it just isn't me and oh my gosh I cannot explain it atall :'( it's ruining me

27 likes, 227 replies

227 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What are ur wierd thoughts hun?
    • Posted

I get extremely fearful that I am losing my mind completely, I've completely lost touch with reality, that I'm going to end up in an asylum somewhere. I feel so detached fro myself and my family it's the worst possible feeling ever. No one actually understands the extent of this either. I try and snap out of it because I understand it's all in my head but then I feel like I'm not myself at all if that makes sense? Like my brain isn't me!? Wtff argh  
    • Posted

Have you been to a psychologist? Diagnosed?
    • Posted

I'm only 15 so all my teachers say it's stress but it's so so hard I try and tell myself it's all in my head which it is isn't it, I create these problems by thinking about them and drive myself deeper and deeper. It's horrifying, I don't want to feel like I'm a different person like literally. I feel so foreign to myself but I tell myself I'm being stupid a it all in my head. Sorry to be personal but I am on the time of the month also and it feels to of gotten so much worse whilst I've been on. I keep waking up feeling foreign to myself and my surroundings. My family are sick of me now and tell me to stop it cause it's annoying and I just "attention seeking" I don't know where my head is at atall feel asthough I'm not in control and just thinking that in normal sends me weird because I have moments where I'm like just go back to reality and I look around and I don't feel myself does that make sense!? It's terrible I'm ruining myself I don't want to dig any deeper. 
    • Posted

"But no one ever tells you that forever feels like home, sitting all alone inside your head" -stone sour "through the glass"

That was the specific lyric that turned my life. I'm James and I'm 17 now, but I remember 2 years ago I was just about to turn 16, I was leaning on my counter, with deep thoughts, and the song played. And me being me, I decided to feel I'm in the song, and this time it worked, and all of a sudden I felt this major shift in my mind, all of a sudden reality seemed so fake. I fought it, and lost. And i became depressed, stuck in my head. And at first it was the scariest thing I've EVER faced!! and now 2 years later, I feel I'm slowly evolving and maybe getting out but just knowing that thousands of teens are suddenly facing this that even doctors can't track why (yet), there is a dawn after dark. I know for a fact there will be a way to "come back" to our bodies smile

• Posted

I feel like that myself and I get so mad because I feel like my anxiety is ruining my life.

I'm trying to have a normal life meaning as a life without anxiety with a man that i truly love with all my heart.

He just don't unders6.

• Posted

Hey I've been experiencing this for about a week now and it's driving me insane...how did you get out of it? Thanks!

• Posted

Hi Tanya. . It sounds like you are on the same journey as me hun and thousands of other people on the planet right now. You are definitely not going mad, as hard as that is to believe. I felt this same disconnect for about 2 years now.. feeling like a cannot connect to anyone and that i am in a very deep dark pit! Left with these thoughts all up in my head! Feeling like im in hell literly. What ive come to realise is this is a kind of spiritual awaking, awaking to your heart and soul. Which this whole world has lost. We are all lost in our head and egos!! Our souls are calling us home!! The soul is the deap spark of the heart, the first part of YOU to be made in the womb and that this process will no doubt lead you back too! Its about coming out of the head and back into your body - heart/soul. Face the stuff it is showing you with acceptance. Thoughts are not you Tanya and they just go through your mind and what we all do is attach our self to these fuzzy thoughts and then I make them real to "Me" . Have you tryed like mindfulness meditation? ? This might help you start the journey back home!... Hope you find your "light" sooner rather than later hun.. As painful as it might be at first. You will proberly be confronted with all your past grief and truma but we all need to go through this to get deeper and deeper into out being!.. P's I've not got there yet but I am 100 percent certain that this is what is happening and that this is what I need to do aswell. X

• Posted

Hi Elliot,

You hit the nail on the head!!!

I always feel like I'm not really here very lightheaded and terrified of it...

Can you please give me some advice on how to face fears...

Ty

• Posted

Tanya, could you please check your messages? thanks smile

• Posted

Help me with your experience please I need to overcome this x
    • Posted

Hi there, I've too also experienced this..ive noticed once the mind isn't occupied it wants to force you to not think normal..But I've found that talking to others and doing things will distract it and eventually go back to normal, definitely not easy but persistence helps

• Posted

Hi there! If you don't mind me asking, how did you exactly get out of it? Do you have any tips, maybe? I've been out of it for awhile now and it's really affecting my studies, my relationship with people, my relationship with myself even. I'm getting quite desperate if I'm honest. I know that I can do better but it's really hard to get out of this dream-like state. I'm actually very young, 14 to be exact, and I just really don't want to 'lose myself' entirely, it sucks. I'm trying to do my best, get things done, make myself a good future but I'm constantly just feeling detached to the point where my thoughts aren't my usual thoughts anymore, and they're pretty horrible thoughts. I really know that I know better, but like I said it's just hard to get out of it. Sorry if this sounded a bit repetetive and has gotten a tad bit long, but I really wanted to get that out of the way. Plus, maybe, I can solve all this? I hope anyone will be able to see this, thank you!!

• Posted

Wow really good point. There was a point I experienced in life where I thought the exact same thing. 
    • Posted

Did you ever get back to reality? I'm so detached at the moment it's scary!

• Posted

I feel the same way I honestly thought I was the only one feeling this way. It sucks so much because I love my family and friends and I try my best to hang out with them as much as I can but my anxiety kicks in so much that it stops me from seeing them.  I feel like my brain is working way to hard to try to control this anxiety and I just can’t snap out of it. Has anything helped yet to over come it? 
    • Posted

Lizette, do you still experience this? I'm experiencing the same thing and id like to talk to you

• Posted

Hi there I experience this, my reality feels like severe unreality and it's scary!

• Posted

Elliott please help me...please!! I feel I'm losing this fight. My contact information is

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

That's exactly what they are describing i think. If anybody has this and wants to talk about it you can private message me, i'm not a mental health expert so to speak but i've had many weird mental experiences NOT related to drugs and i've spent years studying myself and researching things so i might be able to help. I will check back every now and then so even if this comment is old, you can still attempt to get in touch with me.

• Posted

what if it was a side effect from a certain drug? u have any idea what should I do to make this feeling stop?
    • Posted

Hi

I am going through the same mental state.i dont feel like myself and feel so detached. My relationship with my partner is suffering and soon we are planning to get married. I cant live like this. It feels like a burden.i done feel like talking to anyone and have crying spells. I have been on medication pristiq and sertraline since a week but no progress. I feel helpless. Please let me know how u got better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.