How to stop using ativan

Posted , 4 users are following.

I ve been on ativan for few years now. Any links or info how to stop it completely. I don't think the anxiety is there anymore I am addicted to this horrible med. Help

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I went off by cutting my dose by a quarter every 2 weeks. The only withdrawals I suffered were headaches everytime I cut the dose.

Good luck.

• Posted

What dose are you taking and how many times a day?
    • Posted

I take 2 mg twice a day sometimes 3
    • Posted

I would suggest seeing your GP because you are taking quite a high dose of Ativan for such a long time you will need a proper tapering schedule and careful monitoring as it can be easy to relapse when you feel awful or anxious. The Doc may even switch you to a longer acting med like diazepam.

I hope you reach your goal.

• Posted

I ment to say 1 mg twice a day. I've been taking it for almost 4 years.
    • Posted

Got to benzo buddies forum....knowledgeable message board.

You will learn a lot. Slow is better..taper methods.

• Posted

Thanks for the info like the site😊
  • Posted

Look up "THE ASHTON MANUAL" it will tel you all you need to know!
    • Posted

I have already started cutting the doze the Ashton manual is very useful.
  • Posted

Sure wish I knew about the Ashton manual as my doctor took me off in  4 days and I am worse than ever at 32 months off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.